Offline / Send Message
PixelMasher veteran polycounter
All screens are realtime content in unreal engine 3

Ao2_ingame01.JPG

Ao2_ingame02.JPG

Ao2_ingame03.JPG

Ao2_ingame04.JPG

hey guys and gals,

EA released a trailer for the intro sequence to Army of Two: the 40th Day today and it showcases the work me and another artist from Big sandwich did during our 3 months onsite at EA this summer.

Almost everything in the trailer is ours except the back alley at 0:55-1:02. we crated 3 environments for them, the airport, the river walk highway and the downtown traffic circle.

I was responsible for most of the foreground buildings and roads including the airport facade and the building at the base of the pearl of orient. I also did the 1st pass lighting using BEAST. the NPC's and some props/ distance skyscrapers were created by EA. I'll post some more screens as they are released.

anyways, here is the link to the trailer!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/intro-cinematic-army-of-two/59835

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Bad-ass! I really loved the level of quality in the first AoT cutscenes, and now you have the same level of quality in realtime, nice!
    What studio do you work at, since you say you're not from EA?
    Also, did you guys capture the trailer from the engine? I keep wondering what the best way is to capture a video from UE3 for cinematic use, you happen to know how this one was done ?
  • SnarG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Bad-ass! I really loved the level of quality in the first AoT cutscenes, and now you have the same level of quality in realtime, nice!
    What studio do you work at, since you say you're not from EA?
    Also, did you guys capture the trailer from the engine? I keep wondering what the best way is to capture a video from UE3 for cinematic use, you happen to know how this one was done ?

Could just use the in-built recording function from command line: DEMOREC [demoname]

I used to use this in UE2 but I've never tried it for UE3.

I saw the trailer yesterday at Gametrailers; great work. Never figured it for being real-time.
  • FlyByKnight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The quality is simply outstanding!
  • Marcan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcan polycounter lvl 12
    You guys did great work ! I catched a glimpse before I left Army of Two at the beginning of the summer, and it was looking good.

Can't wait to see this complete sequence in the game. I myself can't wait to publish the artwork I did for it once the game is released!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Xoliul: We work at big sandwich games here in vancovuer. I dont know how they captured it. glad you like the work.

SnarG: yea i dont know if that works in UE3 but this sequence has to be realtime as you can movie the camera around.

flybyknight: thanks man :D

Marcan: hey dude! thanks, it was a great time working with you guys. Cant wait to play the final game, its looking leaps and bounds better than the 1st which i still enjoyed. I really like the environments in your portfolio.

thanks everyone!