Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Prehistoric Woman Warrior model

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
I've been working on this character and thought I'd post her up. I'm open to feedback but I'm not going to be actively making changes on her for awhile because I want to focus more on environments over the holidays. She isn't sculpted or textured yet.

She was made in 3Ds Max for those who are curious. And please be gentle, this is my first model post on PC (I'm too damn shy about these things).

4173062170_2ce0dda9d3_o.jpg

4172269715_0b6b9afa0b_b.jpg

Replies

• achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ME , YOU, HUMP!
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ME , YOU, HUMP!

Stay classy just stay classy polycount.

ANYWAY on your model a few things I would look more into, mainly the feet area seem a bit wonky the hair is rather nice , Belly button area might not need to many subdivisions/edge loops to be honest

BUT if you wanted to sculpt upon this I would advise to the less is more , but since this is just a stand alone model ,for what it is it looks great.

The cheek bones seem to be extremely poping out in your 3 quater view

More closer zoom in's would be appreciated before giving proper critics upon anything, If anyone else see's things I am incorrect about or see things im missing please say so :)
  • BeserK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeserK polycounter lvl 12
    Head looks a little big in the Da-vinci pose, makes her look like a midget :)
    Stomach bulge is a little big too, unless that's what you're going for!
    P.S. really good first post!
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    BeserK wrote: »
    Head looks a little big in the Da-vinci pose, makes her look like a midget :)
    Stomach bulge is a little big too, unless that's what you're going for!
    P.S. really good first post!

Actually I want her to have that bulge. Her face is modeled off of a woman I know locally at a coffee shop, her body is inspired by Frazetta's women but much smaller bust. And even then the thighs aren't as huge as his women but you know how the symmetry modifier can be with that sort of thing. I'll tweak the head size, I'm seeing what you mean. Also Remi, I'll take into account what you said about models prior to sculpting.

Here are some of the more evolved concept roughs of the character, note that the bust shot in the middle wasn't drawn by me. I dropped the leg warmers she was supposed to have because they looked too 1990s anime schoolgirl with their loose socks.

4174492023_b9454d13da_o.jpg
  • verybad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    Like, her. She looks like someone that kills animals for a living, doesn't spend her time at 24 hour fitness, but is in good shape for surviving. Don't like the toes though, look a bit prehensile. The feet are too flat for someone that runs a lot (and with sabertoothed lions, dire bears, wooly mammoths, and so on arround, you know she's gotta run a lot. Her calves might be bigger for that reason also.

Overall she's got a look to her that I like, especially like the eye's, she's got a nononsense, "don't fuck with me or I'll stick a spear in your gut" kind of look, not a "save me, I'm a helpless female!" look. Give the impression she goes hunting with the guys in her tribe.