Home General Discussion

Adventure Recruitment?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
Search turned up nothing on these guys in the forums, so I thought I'd ask. They're another contracting firm, similar to Aquent or Filter.

I got an email from them stating they have openings for senior environment artists.

I was wondering if anyone has had dealings with them and whether or not they are reliable/trustworthy. They're based out of India and LA..

http://www.adventurerecruitment.com/

Replies

• Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    tehe, They are using the old double ended dildo ps3 controller on their site... That alone should be reason to stay away!
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    ps3-boomerang.jpg
    wow ....... ps4? at least they should change the ps3 pic there ... XD
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    They got me an interview some time ago and they were nice to deal with. Doesn't hurt to reply if you're looking for a job I guess
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Might as well follow it and see where it goes? You're a polycount pioneer!

Edit: well except Kwramm already went there, but you know... blaze trails!
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    I would stay away man. The CEO of Adventure was part of Stealth and Networking people. I remember seeing some sketchy things back in the day with those 2 firms. Also, as mentioned above, the old PS3 controller clearly shows they are not gamers and are in it for one thing...money.

If you are going to use a recruitment firm to help you in your search, you should really make sure this is the company you want to represent you to companies. You should first interview them and make sure you are comfortable with them.

Hit me up if you want some advice dude. I am always here to help a Polycounter.

-Kenny
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, you're probably right, parasite. I'm just trying to find as many opportunities as possible right now. I'm part of Aquent (who's awesome btw) but they haven't been able to get me another job since I left Turn10 in May. Going on 7 months unemployed and (amongst other things) the unemployment office is accusing me of fraud. Spiraling down the drain here, so I'm just doing what I can, heh.

Thanks for the advice.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Vassago wrote: »
    the unemployment office is accusing me of fraud.

Geez man, I know the feeling. I just finished up an unemployment audit. That was good fun. Luckily I had everything to back myself up. But it's just added stress to an already stressful situation. Right after the audit I ended up landing a contract position But that ends February 1st.

Good luck! I know how it feels. Before this contract I was out from a layoff in January. It's tough out there. And when this contract ends I'll be in the same boat again.

You've got a great portfolio. Something will happen.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    recruiters are fine. They'll negotiate your salary for you and take a cut either from you or the company or both. But sometimes they'll put you in a position you wouldn't have otherwise found.

A little conversation never hurt anyone anyway.