Home Technical Talk

path deforme modifire question

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
disanski polycounter lvl 14
Hey guys. I am trying to use the path deform modifier and the base mesh I need to have my shape wrapped around is tilted differently at the middle. So it is kind of vertical at the beginning and then it tilts in. When using the PDB(WSM) is there a way I could have the shape I am deforming to follow the tilt of my base mesh considering it is different tilt along it. link with a snapshot of it

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Try "bend" with path deform on top of the stack?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adjust the Rotation and or Twist parameters?
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    Very good idea about the bend modifier. It gives some extra options but still not what I was looking for because this is controlling the whole object ( it bends the whole thing) and i only need to make the middle part bend more then the rest of it. Great tip and it will be used believe in future. Thanks.
    About the rotation and twist. I also try that but because I have irregular twist that occurs just on part of the path that I am deforming my shape it was not enough. I managed to move this to zbrush and not very accurate but good enough I moved it around with some masking, transpoose tool and the move brush. I took me a while but I could not find better solution.
    Thanks guys.