Home General Discussion

Blizzard Employee Statue for Sale...

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
Never thought I'd see one of these for sale anywhere, but today I was in Austin, TX and as I'm pulling through the parking lot of the shopping mall to leave I see a store in the back corner. I stop in to check it out. Nothing too crazy, just Kubrick figures, lots of star wars crap and a few board games. As I'm walking out though they have a big glass display case behind the registers with some sideshow collectible statues but in the very middle up top is a Blizzard Employee bronze statue. It's the one they handed out that looks like the big orc riding the wolf that resides outside the studio offices. It's definitely pretty big...over a foot tall and on a nice base with the Blizzard logo on a plate engraved on the front of the base. I asked the clerk and they said they wanted $975.00 for it. 0_0 I asked how they had one and they said a former employee was attempting to sell it there via consignment. Well if anybody has about a grand in pocket change and wants one without the work that goes behind getting one, have at it. It's kind of sad in a way to see something like that for sale. I would think you'd want to hold onto something like that.

Replies