Home Technical Talk

batch exporting in max

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
is it possible to batch export many objects out of max as a set file type, witht the files being named the same as the objects name?
i'm doing sime tile sets for my game and i get like 20 pieces done in max then exporting selected for each one becomes a pain in the keister.

using max 10 i tried one on scriptspot but it was a earlier version and did not work

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nevermind rebooted an now its workin! keens batch exporter on scriptspot,, HUZAH
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3 post in a row! ok the script wont work for what i need, cause it insists on seperating my udx collision models out into their own .ase, and not in with the group

heres what i need

in my scene
    staticmesh01 (group name)
    staticmesh01 (geo)
    UDX_collidee_01
    UDX_collidee_02

staticmesh02 (group name)
    staticmesh02 (geo)
    UDX_collidee_01
    UDX_collidee_02

staticmesh03 (group name)
    staticmesh03 (geo)
    UDX_collidee_01
    UDX_collidee_02

a batch exporter to save each group out as its own .ase containin the components of the groups a nice bonus would be the ability to have it use the local axis as if it was 0,0,0, also so i dont have to center all my tiles on export, thenmove them back to work (i curently do this with a keyframe, but automagicaly would be better.

so anyone know of a script that can do this? or any script guru able to whip me one up?