Home General Discussion

so im walking through town

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
rolfness polycounter lvl 18
yesterday evening on my way to my fav chinese.. then i see this..

iwmw23.jpg

Infinity ward stooge signing autographs like a rockstar.. which I thought was hillarious..

iwmw2.jpg

iwmw2_1.jpg

it got annoying after 30 seconds.. so many people there getting in the way when I was trying to get to my food

Replies

• Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol this is scary.
    Especially as the army is using the last one in their recrutation funparks as far as i heard.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I'm a big fan of the CCK buffet that used to be on Whitcomb Street. I think they moved next door to Waxy's on Rupert Street a while back. They have awesome lemon chicken, and it's all you can eat for £8.

I guess I really don't care about MW2. That is pretty sad, though. Who was it that was actually signing the autographs?
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the CCK buffet that used to be on Whitcomb Street. I think they moved next door to Waxy's on Rupert Street a while back. They have awesome lemon chicken, and it's all you can eat for £8.

I guess I really don't care about MW2. That is pretty sad, though. Who was it that was actually signing the autographs?

I go to a place called 1997 thats at the bottom of wardour st. been going there 10-11 years now I know all the guys that work there its like home away from home.

I thought the MW2 display was kinda funny, how big games have become it was like a film premiere.. have no idea who the IW guy was
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know wether what I am thinking is a good thing or a bad thing.
    But I am beginning to lose respect for Infinity Ward for this sort of "sell-out" publicity, on a game that isn't really reinventing any wheels.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont think its a bad thing at all, its just a side effect of bieng part of mainstream mass market entertainment. Everytime theres a huge game, it increases the acceptability of gaming as a past time and this is a good thing for the industry.

As for respect for IW goes, every company is out there to make money respect or not isnt the issue.

Quality of product is a completely different issue, and this is my concern, this game has MP issues yes, but if they fuck up the single player I will go to thier homes and kill thier first born sons ...
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    I know that guy.. weird.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What is this Modern Warfare thing? Is it like a game or something? I've never heard of it until now...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare?utm_source=videoembed
    EDIT: I managed to find some info on MW3, sounds pretty life like, why are we talking about old games?
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was in Blockbuster earlier renting some movies with the missus, and this kid was trying to buy MW2, at which point the clerk asked him for ID. At this point, the kid (who was really scrawny and really didn't look eighteen) started lifting up his shirt, displaying badly-drawn tattoos that looked like the tattooist was hammered when he did them, almost screaming 'See? SEE? I've got ink! You need to be 18 to get ink, lady! I'm almost twenty-fucking-two, and I just want to buy the fucking VIDEOGAME!'.

Props to the clerk, who calmly responded that they couldn't serve him without identification. I swear, he looked like he was about to cry when he stormed out of the store. The whole scene was probably more entertaining than all the movies we rented will be.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was in Blockbuster earlier renting some movies with the missus, and this kid was trying to buy MW2, at which point the clerk asked him for ID. At this point, the kid (who was really scrawny and really didn't look eighteen) started lifting up his shirt, displaying badly-drawn tattoos that looked like the tattooist was hammered when he did them, almost screaming 'See? SEE? I've got ink! You need to be 18 to get ink, lady! I'm almost twenty-fucking-two, and I just want to buy the fucking VIDEOGAME!'.

Props to the clerk, who calmly responded that they couldn't serve him without identification. I swear, he looked like he was about to cry when he stormed out of the store. The whole scene was probably more entertaining than all the movies we rented will be.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    vig, that was too funny... great find... the bit about the wii controller is retarded.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

We put cameras in phones for reasons! I would have loved to see that...
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig wrote: »
    We put cameras in phones for reasons! I would have loved to see that...

I....

I don't use a cellphone.

There. I said it. But damn, if that wouldn't have made an awesome YouTube video.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Am I the only one who hates the typeface that they used for the "2" in the MW2 logo? It looks... just terrible.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dood... its all modern and warfare-ish. I'm getting it tatoo'ed across the street from Chairman Mao. Yea it bothers me but the game better rock.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I bet the dude from IW got like, a dozen groupies to come back to his trailer!!!
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    If the dude from IW was Bowling, you should have punched him in the face and told him "this one's from tapan you silly* bastard*. Freaking* console fanboy."

*substitute with real swear words.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Wait, is that Leicester Square?

I've been working in a restaurant there for over ten months. Glad I left that job - I wanted to kill myself every time there was some kind of event going on. Dozens of people who suddenly realise they want to eat something = BAD day at work.
    Glad I left that job a while ago, otherwise I would have another reason to feel negative towards Infinity Ward.

Still, their stardom is quite funny considering COD is just a generic shooter at heart, albeit solid. Makes me wonder, why I don't see people like Fumito Ueda doing this kind of thing, when they clearly deserve it (or at least more than IW does ;) ).
    I don't really like to act like snob who hates popular things, but events like this make me ponder if the industry is really moving in the right direction.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't use a cellphone.......

You sir are a freak !
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness wrote: »
    You sir are a freak !

Guilty as charged. To be honest, there's only been, like, three or four times in the last two years or so that I've thought that having one would be truly, genuinely useful. Don't get me wrong - I had one in the past (a Motorola Razr, back when they were cool), but when it died, it was strangely liberating and I haven't bothered to replace it. Even if it still worked, it wouldn't have mattered - the video recording on it was so poor, it was like watching pixelated bacteria form in a petri dish.

Plus, I absolutely hate having conversations on cellphones in public, almost as much as I hate those assholes who have to yell their whole fucking conversation when they're on the train. Owning a cellphone makes me feel like that asshole.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    what a whole bucket of shit.