Epic Games has released a hotfix for the Unreal Development Kit (UDK) November beta version.
Epic is committed to providing the UDK community with regular software releases free of charge. Below is a list of technical enhancements included in the updated UDK beta version. These fixes have been incorporated to immediately address stability and performance issues reported by some users.
Everyone using UDK is encouraged to install November Beta 2 to ensure an optimal experience.
Please download the updated software build at www.udk.com/download.
Notes on UDK November Beta 2 repairs and improvements:
* Shader compiler no longer crashes when the log is not writable.
* Game/editor will run without having to first check for existing script files.
* Windows XP: Emissive lights causing purple lighting have been fixed.
* Windows 7: Added new SpeedTree binaries to address OS-specific issue.
* Added check to confirm GPU meets minimum requirements.
* Implemented fix for some SpeedTree trees causing crashes.
* Added fix for invalid characters being allowed in journal files causing database corruption.
* Incorporated fix for making a game in non-English and then running it on another non-English machine.
* If a prerequisite fails to install, the install will still continue and warn at the end.
* Enhanced the check for a valid install path.
* If the installer is skipped, the EULA comes up once.
* Fixed CZE install not finding the EULA.
* Fixed problem if temp install folders were deleted between install and uninstall.
* Fixed problem if maps were named in non-ASCII characters.
Details are available at the Unreal Developer Network (UDN):
Epic Games also maintains links to download mirrors, technical documentation and support resources at www.udk.com/forums.
katana wrote: »
Beta 2 doesn't actually fix everyone. It does address windows 7 OS and xp, but not Vista 32...Hence, mine still doesn't open after a lot of trial.
* Currently mesh area lights do not handle overlapping material texture coordinates. If multiple triangles cover the same emissive texels in UV space, only one of those triangles will be used to emit light.
Bitmap wrote: »
Ok.. wth.. speedtree is working now! and i didnt do anything.
after installing beta 2 it wasnt working, so i left it. now i tried again, and sudennly is working. i'll be damned.