Home Technical Talk

6-D Wacom pen - can't get rotation to work

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
Hello!

I have a Wacom 6-D marker pen dealie and no matter what forum or Youtube video I find, it's just not giving me the pen's justice. I can not for some reason get the damn rotation to work just by rotating the pen in my hand as it's supposed to. I am currently using Photoshop CS4 version 11.0.1 which apparently has the patch with it to make the rotational devices work. Newp.

While I'm on the topic, it was recently my birthday and I got an extra pen from my parents, unopened, of the 6-D. If we get this thing working like this shmuck on Youtube: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukXJQAY0caU[/ame] , would anyone care to buy it off of me? I'll make it $60 shipped (goes for $70 new plus shipping). Yes, yes, I know. Irony in trying to sell something that I'm having trouble with. I'm sure it's a bag of skittles once I get it running.

Do I have to reinstall the drivers? I use the Intuos 3 and Cintiq21, both are compatible with this pen.

Cookies and Love,

-Zilk

Replies

• Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Check the control panel for this pen. Run the diagnostic test on it.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Also try Painter - any recent demo will do. It has very good feedback for stylus rotation, even before you lay down the stroke. It should make it very obvious.

I have one of those pens too ... but alwyas forget to use it. I love my Classic stylus too much! (the thin one!)
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zilk wrote: »
    I I can not for some reason get the damn rotation to work just by rotating the pen in my hand as it's supposed to. I am currently using Photoshop CS4 version 11.0.1 which apparently has the patch with it to make the rotational devices work.
    this is really odd because I have rotation working in CS3 but not in cs4
    they probably broke something in the brush engine, or it's another wacom driver related bug
    get a demo of painter, it will basically show if your rotation is working at all:
    2ekkiuo.jpg
    (this thing is showing your pen tilt/rotation in realtime)
    and you might want to remove and freshly install your wacom drivers (make sure you back up your preferences first, recent wacom drivers have that feature)
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    I was just thinking of you when I saw this post... I didn't realize it WAS you haha :p are you still having trouble?
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Wow Andrion, forgot you're on here! Yes I'm still having trouble but I'm going to test the pen on CS2 at work and see how that goes.

Thank you for your help everyone. I'll let you know if I get it fixed.