Home General Discussion

Assassin's Creed Channel

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Firebert polycounter lvl 15
Anybody else watch this noise? Thoughts?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqGk33RAZA8[/ame]

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pretty cool, overall I liked it.

Certain motions are a little too obvious that they are guided by wires (6:55) but still not too shabby.

Why the hell climb up the opposite side of the street when you know you need to jump that same street?
    "I must hurry, so I must climb the wrong building, for no reason, other than to fill :35s of time. Watch me pose." heh
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wont be able to watch it with sound until i get home so my view of it is kinda skewerd, but was the whole "look kids, daddy's going to kill some people, now eat your vegetables" at 2:50 just a little messed up?
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    I don't get it. Ubisofts cg team can make better/more interest things, this felt like one of those hallmark historical reproductions, the live actions tuff seems super low budget.

We have these "canadian history moments" things that run on telelvision, this kind of reminded me of those, but with better cg.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maybe they needed to justify buying an effects house?
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc wrote: »
    I don't get it. Ubisofts cg team can make better/more interest things, this felt like one of those hallmark historical reproductions, the live actions tuff seems super low budget.

Er... if you mean the E3 CG trailer, that wasn't made the Ubisoft CG team.
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    I thought it was pretty awesome.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    for what it was, i thought it came out very nice. low budget, yes, but still cool. i totally agree about the building climbing thing... that was slightly silly... i think he could have moved through the crowd a little better... there were moments where it was a clean cut path that was laid before him and less of the blending movement that had a great feel from the original game...

i don't know how they could do it, but you can see his face so clearly that it gives him more of a musketeer appearance than a dark shadowy assassin...

it surely is a great way to pump up excitement and promotion of the upcoming release.

scudz: when you get to your comp with sound, that moment talks about him hiding his duty as an assassin from his family... one of those "let me take one last look at my family before i step into a world where i can die at any moment and they will never know the reason why i died" type of scenario.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Ubisoft is trying to transition the company in to the movies industry (while maintaining their game development agenda) and it looks like this one was made for them to cut their teeth on.

Watching now :)

EDIT: Finished - Interesting take on an Assassin. Since the first one, I always thought of them as 20-something singletons but its pretty rad that this movie shows it from
    Ezio's fathers perspective
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert wrote: »
    ... one of those "let me take one last look at my family before i step into a world where i can die at any moment and they will never know the reason why i died" type of scenario.
    I think 2 members of his family where hip to his game. They made a point of the wife looking up in that general direction and she loses her smile, then tries to recover. One of the older sons, same thing, "oh, dads heading out again".

He was a bit older than I expected.

Watching it again the guy being stretched on the rack (7:37) could have easily slipped his hands out, it actually looks like he's having to hold on to it, heh.

Still pretty cool, I really liked it, but its just those few little things.
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vargatom wrote: »
    Er... if you mean the E3 CG trailer, that wasn't made the Ubisoft CG team.

Who made it then?
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert wrote: »
    scudz: when you get to your comp with sound, that moment talks about him hiding his duty as an assassin from his family... one of those "let me take one last look at my family before i step into a world where i can die at any moment and they will never know the reason why i died" type of scenario.

yeah, i know what it's supposed to be, my point is just that when you can't hear it, the scene comes across quite differently and much more Manson family christmas;)
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    What I saw of the video wasn't bad, but it was hard to see the screen as often as I was rolling my eyes. "Justice... honor... these are the principles that make me slash men's throats when they aren't looking, without trial, without a chance to defend themselves." Who knew that murderer was such a noble calling?
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who made it then?

Us - Digic Pictures, an animation studio in Hungary.
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Of course, I should have guessed they would outsource it to some third world country; wonder why they even employ all those people for a cinematics department then.

Anyway, that video was really awesome.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Murdoc Canada is a third world country then...? I mean hungary is not or are you just making a joke? :P
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    Murdoc Canada is a third world country then...? I mean hungary is not or are you just making a joke? :P

Likely Murdoc hasn`t heard of, or been to, the small hamlet of Hungary just outside downtown France. Haha!
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Of course, I should have guessed they would outsource it to some third world country; wonder why they even employ all those people for a cinematics department then.

I sure hope you're not serious there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    heeeyy, I defiantly got a kick out of it, and I thought overall they did a good job. Really love some of the shots as well.
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12

Bitch much?

Thats a pretty fucking offensive comment.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    PixelGoat wrote: »
    Bitch much?

Thats a pretty fucking offensive comment.

Quoted for truth. Either a really crappy joke, or just plain stupidity.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k, got to watch it with sound and yeah... it was better without.

not terrible, better than the cutscenes in the first game for sure but "it's the renissance, maybe thats how history will remember us" -dude shut the fuck up. and don't look at the camera when your flipping coins.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    dude shut the fuck up. and don't look at the camera when your flipping coins.

YUS! Thank you, you just made my day :)
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    That first fight scene was nicely choreographed (I rather liked the flamenco feel to his moves). I found it odd/interesting, though, that in this segment, he essentially failed both missions. I mean, he let his first target escape, then didn't appear to show much urgency in trying to save the duke.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so i guess in the game he gets killed for incompetance and then we're supposed to care about avenging his death?

i think i'll focus on making friends with the hookers and thugs in the streets instead.
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hungary, the world famous third world country!