Home General Discussion

Leaked Left 4 Dead 2 Trailer

Replies

• vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    Never played L4D but that trailer was wicked awesome.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Fuck yeah indeed, can't friggin wait.

Kind of scared of what this is gonna do to my chances of finishing my unearthly challenge entry, heh.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    if l4d was anywhere near that awesome in practice i would be so sold, this is an amazing trailer.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah, that was pretty sweet. Has there been any announcements about the length / number of the campaigns? Even though I'm still playing L4D on expert mode, I'd like this one to be a bit longer.

Regardless, I'll still be getting this on release day, though.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome trailer :)
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    danshewan, 5 campaigns instead of 4, no word on how they compare to the first ones for length. There's an added "Realistic Mode" that might be interesting for people who find expert too easy now, but not much info on what exactly that is either.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I love the gore and dismemberment looks cool. hopefully ingame is simialr.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    holy shit that was awesome.
    I'm psyched!

maybe the helicopter is made of chololate... hahaha
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that seemed less like a trailer and more like a collection of fucking awesome.:poly142:
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    danshewan wrote: »
    Yeah, that was pretty sweet. Has there been any announcements about the length / number of the campaigns? Even though I'm still playing L4D on expert mode, I'd like this one to be a bit longer.

Regardless, I'll still be getting this on release day, though.

It's a lot bigger than original L4D.

-5 new campaigns all available in Versus on release
    -New game mode: Scavenge (There are a few videos up on Youtube if you want to see it in action)
    -New guns
    -Addition of Melee system (Axe, Chainsaw, Baseball Bat, ect...)
    -New items (Boomer Bile, Adrenaline Shots, Defibrillator)
    -3 new Special Infected (Spitter, Jockey and Charger)
    -New Ammo Types
    -Weapon addons (Laser sights, not sure if there are any others)
    -Uncommon Common Infected (Special common infected that have a unique trait and are unique to each campaign, for example hazmat zombie that's immune to fire or clown zombie with squeaky shoes that attract nearby zombies)

There's probably a bit more that I'm missing too.

Me and my friends are all excited for this, I have no idea why there are so many "boycotters". Half of the people who said they wouldn't buy it since it was announced in June have already pre-ordered it from what I've seen.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I played about 200 hours of L4D. The gameplay is pretty fun for a few months, but with the lack of Valve's commitment to update to fix bugs / exploits the gameplay gets really bad once people use the exploits in practically every game.

On top of that, L4D has the most immature player base I have ever seen online. The lobby system allows complete strangers to join and play with each other which is good in theory.

What happens, though, is you get some of the most racist, sexist, awful people in your games and when there are two of them (which is VERY often the case), it is impossible for you to kick them from your game. The voting system to remove people of the absolute worst obscenity requires a unanimous vote, but if there are two of them they will stay in the game and ruin your fun.

I was THE hugest fan of L4D for about 5 months until people got bored and started ruining 90% of the games you're in. My girlfriend and I had too much shit to deal with and we haven't played the game in a long time.

It's not like TF2 where you join a server that has admins and the ability to kick / ban. The moderation power is in the hands of the players, and when there are awful players in there, they have the power to kick YOU for doing absolutely nothing besides dealing with their shit.

/end rant
  • 3devo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3devo polycounter lvl 12
    Was actually starting to get excited for this and preorderd it on steam a couple of days ago.
    now i'm not too sure coz of the bloody OFLC and bloody MA15+ cap on games ratings and we'll end up with some gimped version with less awesome than the rest of the world.
    I'm getting seriously fed up with the bannage our country has to put up with.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Watched it over and over and over, so fucking sweet, it's funny the only character they keep showing in trouble is the hillbilly type white guy tho, hahaha!
  • Slainean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slainean polycounter lvl 18
    Haiasi wrote: »
    On top of that, L4D has the most immature player base I have ever seen online.

As someone who has played years' worth of CS in all its forms, I agree that L4D has one of the worst public player communities I've encountered.

I think the nature of a coop game, plus a lobby system which destroys any community cultivation around a specific server (though I think you can play dedicated servers with some tweaking around). And as you also mentioned, the voting system doesn't work very well either.

edit: Anyway, the trailer looks good. Kind of a weak generic rock track behind it, but the action looked fun.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    ebagg wrote: »
    Watched it over and over and over, so fucking sweet, it's funny the only character they keep showing in trouble is the hillbilly type white guy tho, hahaha!

Yeah, guy seems to have the worst luck ever
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slainean wrote: »
    As someone who has played years' worth of CS in all its forms, I agree that L4D has one of the worst public player communities I've encountered.

I think the nature of a coop game, plus a lobby system which destroys any community cultivation around a specific server (though I think you can play dedicated servers with some tweaking around). And as you also mentioned, the voting system doesn't work very well either.

edit: Anyway, the trailer looks good. Kind of a weak generic rock track behind it, but the action looked fun.

You can pull up the server browser by either typing in a command in the console or I think there is an something in the Options screen to bring it up.
    I do agree, that it seems the L4D community is quite bad compared to other PC/Valve games. Recently tried to play some Versus and it took 5 tries before I got to a server where I wasn't TK'd or everyone wasn't yelling at the top of their lungs at each other. Probably due to the larger audience that the game received.

Picking up the 4-pack soon once my friend's checks come through. This trailer has only made me more excited!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    It looks more like an actual fleshed out game than L4D, the first one was more just multiplayer scenarios.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    I'll admit at the start i was kinda jaded, but once it hit the end i was pretty pumped. :D
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    That trailer is epic win. This is my most anticipated game of the year, can't wait.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Seriously guys, who cares about the L4D "community", this game is meant to be played with friends, that's where it really shines, sometimes just let one pub into the game, to add a bit of spice.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I tend to like to play games with 2 friends and 1 random person online, if he's a dick you can mess with them and kick 'em
  • gavku
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    gavku wrote: »

Germany and Australia are weird about violence in games, same about the USA with sex and nudity. Since when do you need approval to release your "art" to the public.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    Since when do you need approval to release your "art" to the public.

When the self-appointed guardians of public morality deem your art to be inappropriate for the masses. This topic might tie-in quite nicely with the ongoing piracy discussion. I'd be so pissed if I couldn't buy this. So, if you can't play a zombie shooter game in Australia, does that mean that they're going to retroactively ban all the zombie movies as well?

Maybe Australia and Germany will eventually figure out that games aren't really the cause of moral decay, kind of like the UK realized that gory movies aren't the tools of Satan after James Ferman retired from the BBFC.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    There must be some what around it if they can release "unrated" DVD's

"The rating system is strictly voluntary, however nearly all video games are submitted for rating due to the fact that many retail stores prohibit the sale of unrated video games and the major console manufacturers will not license games for their systems unless they carry ESRB ratings."

if its the same rules as the ESRB it seems like you could sell the game online for PC...

And you have to pay to get a game rated...
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    With film we have an R rating so those films can be released, however the game ratings only go up to MA 15...thats why this bullshit always happens.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With film we have an R rating so those films can be released, however the game ratings only go up to MA 15...thats why this bullshit always happens.

Surely it'd make more sense to amend the current ratings system to reflect mature content, and aware games suitable ratings? Or does the Australian government believe that all gamers are impressionable adolescents?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    GAYFEST!
    Another reason why I'm bidding this fucking country fairwell!

Aside from that, the trailer was sweet.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    danshewan...people have been trying to get a higher rating for ages now, but so far no dice.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I recall there was some positive progress made on getting an R rating for games earlier this year, but it was short lived.

But yeah, enough de-railing this thread.

"Maybe the helicopter is made of chocolate"
    Quote of the year!
  • Fearkage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fearkage polycounter lvl 13
    Good to see a story in there, well presented trailer.. look forward to it
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutely INSANE trailer! I held out on L4D1 until I could get it for 50% off on a weekend deal... but wow, this is tempting. I played the first one like mad for months!
  • Kitteh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitteh polycounter lvl 18
    The gun animations still kinda suck as they did in L4D1. The guns are held awkwardly and move robotically (and are scaled too small in most cases)

not based on this trailer of course, as it doesn't show any gun animations, but I'm saying this based on the ingame footage I've seen.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Will watching this leaked trailer mean I'm breaking the law?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Given that Valve deliberately leaked the last TF2: Meet the Team video themselves, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

And yes, this whole Australian ratings clusterfuck is clustered so densely that it'll soon collapse into a black hole and consume us all.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Is it not possible to have someone outside Oz gift the game to you so you get the proper version?

Obviously this isn't the main issue, but hopefully it's an option.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Mongrelman wrote: »
    Is it not possible to have someone outside Oz gift the game to you so you get the proper version?

Doesn't work. Once the game is on your Steam account, it downloads the correct version of the game based on your location.
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To valve there's a difference between the words "Leaked" and "Stolen".
    I believe Leaked is their own way of saying "we're releasing".
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I wanna play l4d2!!

I have already paid the game on steam ^^
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    At least you can preload the demo and be happy that you have l4d2 files on your comp ;O
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I'm honestly 100% amazed Valve didn't show this as a trailer before Zombieland, they game and that movie market one another so damn well.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    I actually thought the opening of zombieland with the guns next to the car was a sneaky "tribute" to left 4 dead. ;)

(Don´t worry, this is not a spoiler, or well it is. Like saying there´s an american flag on some of the buildings)
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    after watching zombieland i went straight home to play l4d!! awesome!!
  • Kitteh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitteh polycounter lvl 18
    I bought L4D2 after seeing Zombieland.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    "Twinkies here!"
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    i really want to see zombieland....damn this being poor......
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15

Doesn't work. Once the game is on your Steam account, it downloads the correct version of the game based on your location.
    I think it goes by the location of where the account was created and downloads that version. I am sure it would cause havok for people who traveled with their comps. I download the US version of L4D even though I am overseas. Same for my XBL/PS3 accounts.

**EDIT** I think you need to have proper billing info added in there too.

And the Steam servers are getting rapped for the L4D2 demo.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I told myself that I wasn't going to get this yet, but for $33.75 + bonus pre-order baseball bat, I couldn't resist. My and 3 of my co-workers just pre-ordered. :p

STEAM: evilviking13
  • JaySmitt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JaySmitt polycounter lvl 13
    Made me jizz in my pants!