Home Technical Talk

ZBrush locks up on import attempts?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Valandar polycounter lvl 18
Okay, something's going haywire. I currently have 3.1, 3.5, and 3.5r2 all suppposedly up and working, and had no problems with them as recently as last night.

To note, absolutely no programs have been added or removed since then. As far as I know, nothing has changed in that respect.

Well, tonight I fired up ZB 3.5r2, closed the Lightbox, switched to the polytool, and then clicked "Import" to import an OBJ to play around on. And ZB decides to lock up. I ended up having to use the three-finger salute and use task manager to close it.

Well, I decide to try 3.1, since I kinda hafta get my sculpting fix, and on the opening menu click "Import an OBJ". Guess what? It locks up!

Oh, and 3.5 acts just like 3.5r2.

In no case do I even get an import dialogue box to even choose an OBJ. It just hangs while trying to load that box. And ZBrush appears to be the ONLY program so afflicted.

Can anyone give me an idea on where to look and what to do? I already tried (backing up and) deleting the preferences, searching for malware etc, and YES, all three are legit...

UPDATE: Trying to open ANY file choosing window locks it up. Export? Lock up. Load Ztool? Lock up. Save Document? Lock up.

Replies