Home Contests & Challenges Archives

UC'09 "END GAME" | Bucket of Hate | 3D

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
Postin my junk here, decided I will be joining like the rest of the enviroment hobos.
Now to business:

Idea.jpg

Idea note done with odosketch.

http://sketch.odopod.com/sketches/107678/edit

Replies

• c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been doin some quick sketches here, about 20 min on each. Been kinda rusty in the 2D departament, havent done anything related in a long time, never been that good at it as I remember but still a lot of fun to do.

And btw, got my team name from 2 and a half men, when Charlie asks Jake what he listens to he replies :"bucket of hate". In case you were wondering.

Thumbnails.jpg
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Interesting backstory, but i think you might be focusing too much on it. If you really want to compete, you gotta forget about all the deep philosophical aspects of your scene and think about what looks really kick ass.

Not saying backstory isn't important, but it needs to be able to be read instantly from the scene to really have a great impact. That said you've got some intersting concepts going, push the visuals! How about a giant mechanical brain in a giant vat of liquid, but that liquids been contaminated? That contamination has started overgrowing the rest of the electronics... just an idea.

How does the story affect the visuals? this is the question you need to ask yourself. Good luck :D
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I havent acutally focused to much on story, I came up with in in a few minutes then took some other few minutes to write it down.

But like you said, I have a problem visualizing it, think its the most common problem an enviroment artist has, putting their image in their heads on paper. But I was thinking of mechanical tentacles/ cables forcing their way from their ground..like nature eaten away by technology.
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress on the super computer structure that will be the focus of the scene. I really like the last one but Im afraid its maybe to close to looking almost like a jellyfish/ squid, its supposed to be a structure but maybe infusing the characteristics into the architecture isn't so wrong after all... any thoughts?

robo-thumbs.png
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been dancing around composition and its pretty much like dancing with the devil. I really want the scene to have a strong focused composition, this is one of the stuff I have put togheter, I know its not very pretty to look at but at least gives me an Idea of what the heck is goin on. I personally think the scene is to big now, maybe I have to shrink it a bit...well see.

Thumbnails-Scene.png