Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

metalliandy - Art Dump

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
metalliandy interpolator
Hey all,

I thought it was about time i finally posted some stuff on here :P

I have been working on some assets for a scene for the portfolio and this bed has been a a great way for me too define a good pipeline between Blender, Zbrush and UE...its taken a little bit too long to do but everything else should be much faster now its all in place.

The LP beds are 1361 tri's with the pillow and cloth and 973 tri's for the one without.

All the AO is done within UE shader via a 2nd UV set (thanks Eat3d ^^), so i could get maximum modularity from the asset and add extra sheets later if they are needed without having to make another set of textures for the rest of the bed.
I still have to make another bed instance to keep it all in 3's though.

The base meshes were all modeled in Blender and then sculpted in Zbrush, with the exception of the sheet which was part done with a cloth simulation and then refined in Zbrush.

th_Hospital_bed_UE_WIP5.jpgth_Hospital_bed_UE_WIP5_wires.jpgth_Hospital_Bed_Render_1d.jpg

th_Pillow_WIP_2.jpg

th_Hospital_Bed_Diffuse_WIP6.jpgth_Hospital_Bed_Normal_WIP5.jpgth_Hospital_Bed_Specular_WIP7.jpg
(The spec is still WIP)

Any comments and critique would be great :)

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    nice work, andy!
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    Looking good Andy. It's come a long way since you started it. Give that spec some love. The metal is too blown out.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Holy crap! i work with a Mark D'Amico here at A2M (he's leaving tomorrow for Ubisoft though).

I'll send him your webpage, and tell him his doppelganger is in Cali.

^_^

Anyways, sorry for the thread hijack. The bed looks disgustingly awesome.

;)
  • Ryan Clark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryan Clark polycounter lvl 18
    Lovely work, mate!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff, the folds on the cover are done really well, looks very believable.

I still think there's a bit too much noise in your textures, you could make some bits smoother and leave the noisier parts for the dirt, so you get more material contrast (eg. areas of smooth, unworn surface contrasting with tighter areas of wear and dirt).

I also think the specular for the sheets is pretty strange, the colour seems ok but the brightness contrast seems too much - what kind of surface are you trying to indicate with the shinier spec on the sheets? A big patch of grease or something? As long as that's your intention then it might be ok, but in general I'd even out the specular values on the sheets to make them read better as a continuous single surface.

Good stuff though, I look forward to seeing more of this "art dump"! :)
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    Muhahaha I've been looking for my doppelganger ever since he escaped me back in Cinti. I found you! :P

Sorry Andy. :) Keep it up. You're making great strides.
  • iWeReZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The model is really good no irks there.

But how would the quilt end up creased like that ? not trying to be nit picky :P
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Thanks for the comments guys :)

@MoP
    The spec. colour is to suggest a mould/mildew growth on the stain, but i have toned it down some and reduced the noise in the metal.

I think its looking better than it was but the metal may still need more pop.

@iWeReZ
    The sheet is supposed to be just thrown down and left like it for years.
    That or a wizard did it. :P

th_Hospital_bed_UE_WIP6-1.jpgth_Hospital_Bed_Diffuse_WIP7.jpgth_Hospital_Bed_Specular_WIP8.jpg

Here is something else i have been working on.

Modeled in Blender and sculpted in Zbrush (got to love the surface noise :P)

th_Wall_Lamp_render_WIP_1.jpg

Thanks for looking :D
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Sorry for the lack of updates guys :S

I have just moved house and am stuck on a puny laptop with a 200k connection.

As soon as i get a desk and my main PC up and running i will post some more stuff :)
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey guys,

Here are a few more small WIP updates on some stuff i have been working on since my last post :)

I tried to make the cabinets detail a little generic as i want to texture a few different versions (metal and wood) so i can reuse them later.

th_Bedside_Cabinet_Front_1.jpg

th_Wall_Heater_render_1a.jpg th_Wall_Heater.jpg

th_Oxygen_tank_front_WIP_1a.jpg th_Oxygen_tank_Detail_WIP_1.jpg

C+C is welcome :)
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Just another quick update :D
    I have added the connector for the hose and messed around with the placement of the dials.

Im going to start on the LP now and see where that takes me.

C+C would be groovy :)

th_Oxygen_tank_front_WIP_2.jpg th_Oxygen_tank_Detail_WIP_2.jpg