Home Technical Talk

tech questions dump

Hey here's a few questions I thought I'd throw out here all in one post:

What's a good image hosting site? I was using photobucket for a while, might go back to it. Picasa looks like its doing ugly things to my images when I post them (yes, uglier things than I do to them in the first place by making them). Maybe its time to buy a domain name and host my own images?

tablet eraser doesnt work now.

Got the intuos 4, and everything seemed to work pretty well for a while. It seems that randomly the eraser doesnt get recognized as an eraser and instead shows up as the same as the pen. So i flip it over to erase and voila, it's still marking as the pen. I used to unplug the tablet, plug it back in, and then restart PS CS3. Now that doesn't work. I had the exact same problem with intuos 3. I'm suspecting vista 64 is the culprit somehow.

thanks all!

Replies

• Neavah
    for the tablet question:

(assuming your using the right pen for your tablet model, if not thats probably the probelm.)
    I've had that problem a few times. I unistall, and reinstall the driver, and it usually works again. (you can download off the wacom site, as well as get new updated drivers for your tablet.)
  • Seaseme
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    For free image hosting - www.imageshack.us is good and will allow you to upload full resolution pictures. Also take a look at www.lookpic.com and www.imgur.com
  • Mark Dygert
    dolemite wrote: »
    1. What's a good image hosting site?
    Dropbox. It's awesome for hosting images and transporting files from one computer to another.

- Drag a file in your dropbox folder.
    - Right click, choose copy link location.
    - Paste link.
    - You're done.

Super easy, 2gb free space. It uploads and syncs the folders on any other machine you use to log into your dropbox account.

There is also MS's Skydrive which is pretty much the same thing but I think there are strings attached, never tried it. I'm pretty sure Google has upload storage space also but I think after buying Flickr they just use it now? Probably not as easy as dropbox.

Seriously, dropbox, you're a fool if you don't get one. Its as easy as dropping a file in a folder.
  • dolemite
    thanks for the responses guys! I definately need to experiment with dropbox when I get home.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, and no dice... I suppose my pen might be screwed, seems unlikely though... I got this problem as soon as I switched to vista, and seems to go through cycles of working and not working. Was the same with my intuos 3.

Hoping windows 7 fixes it, we'll just have to see I guess.

thanks guys!