Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

kp site updatez

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
http://coryrobinson.net

ey guys,

updated my site. i'm looking for a cool studio to work for, if you'd shop me around and put in a good word for me, i'll give you a /hi1 (like a /hi5 but anatomically different) i won't let you down.

crits and feedback on the site are welcomed. or if you just wanna post a lol pic that's fine to, so long as i've never seen it before.

i am working on finishing up some newer stuff for the site.
remember this guy?
still got a ways to go on the texture and the bake is 'asjklf', i'll have to rework some uvs, etc, etc and really want to make it shine.

then i'll get to this lady. super old model i stumbled on while working on my site.

and then polish up this guy based off this concept. i need to get the forms reading better, push the contrast in the materials, maybe take a little artistic freedom in it and spice it up, his pose is a little stiff, etc etc.

so keep an eye out for those threads and give me that honey-sting crit-sauce i hear tastes so good 'round these parts.

-luv

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    cory!!!.jpg

Ha ha, I'm really digging your site layout KP, and you're work is just awesome sauce all over my face.

I really don't have any crits, but maybe you could add a contact me link below your name (or a little icon) instead of having it on your name, that would be better... and I know you're uber and all, but us little folk still like to go through resume's and see just HOW uber you are!!

I hope you get into a super cool studio, and give whoever deserves it the /hi1.
  • carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the layout, nice and simple but I agree with Jason about having a link to a resume, downloadable or just a HTML one. Some information about the pieces too like texture maps, size etc. might also be helpful to write with some of your work.

Really nice portfolio, I love the Leprechaun Keep! Good luck finding a studio :)
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    YAY! i love all the updated work on here man... and i'm revealed to find that i wasn't instantly blinded by ye ole' harsh white background from the previous one :poly129:
    i agree with the comments jason and carlo made.... especially about including your maps... those are a must imho. all the content is deliciously yummy... i would either ditch or finish the rock warrior... in comparison to the rest of your work, he isn't holding his ground :\
    this is just a great update for your folio all around and there's some pieces that made me really want to lick the screen.... i really, really can't wait to see your finished pieces you have lined up... seeing that lvl 40 head with the texture update made me get all giddy! keep the good stuff flowin'
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys,
    i'll see what i can do about the resume and give more model info in the coming days
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking good man.. really like the layout and the work you have there.. cant wait to se your finish ups.. hope you find yourself a nice studio=)..
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice! I like! Only quirk is that i want bigger pics! Since i have a 1920 Resolution, pics bellow 1600 seem small to me :D
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    A nice selection of work!
    I agree that the pics in some cases seem a bit small. I wanted them bigger! Especially the environment stuff.

Are you just looking for work in the US?
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Oh wow. Lots of cool stuff I haven't seen from you yet. Good luck with the job hunt, although I'm sure you don't need luck on your side with a portfolio like this.
    More art for my inspiration folder hurray! :)

[Edit] Also, I would love to see wire frames and texture maps. That would be great for me, and I'm sure employers would appreciate it.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
  • Szark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Szark polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome work! I love your leprechauns keep scene!

One thing I noticed is that every page except the main one all have their title set to untitled document.

Also, did you work as a full-time artist on Stargate Worlds?
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with Brad, moar wireframes!

your stuff is kickass though :) good luck finding a studio!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    SupRore wrote: »
    kp 4 prez

i second that
  • gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kp put email or contact me text as some maybe find difficult to locate it..
    Show ur drawing skill....
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Wow! great selection of works!

my only issue is that every picture page has 'Untitled Document' at the top ;(
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Good stuff KP. Like the Stargate work.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Some of the pictures, like the hero could be higher res.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the comments on the higher res images makes me make a face that says, "sigh, many shits"

that one took me by surprise, and it shouldn't have. i was thinking i was doing good in that department. my res is at 1920x1080. well the bright-side is it's too tiny to see the mistakes! hrm, i was trying to keep the images as close to the same size as possible and some older ones aren't very big. also, i started doubling images up into that compromised format i started with... i think that's where i went wrong. i don't have the source files for some of these unfortunately (damn you external HD! *shakes fist at the heavens*) i will definitely see what i can do about that. go big.

i took the easy way out on the resume and linked to my linked-in

great feedback guys, i'm proud of you.

MoP: i don't know actually... that'd be pretty crazy. i wouldn't even know where to begin for something like that. i'm going to say i'm not against it depending on my options. i really have no idea what i'm going to do and i have very little time to figure it out. the cherry ontop is i jumped in the pool with my cell phone in my pants *zzzt

thanks dudes
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    No sir, definately too small!
    Good to see you finally updated that thing though, hope you land a job sharpish!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I lick ur updatez.
  • Canadian Ink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Canadian Ink polycounter lvl 12
    great looking site, so straightforward and simple...I want to get rid of my blog site and lay out my work in the same way. Your work is awesome as well.
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good, maybe a bit lacking in the next-gen bells-and-whistles department as it is. Agree with wanting bigger pics of a few these, like the prototype warrior and the environments. Other than that very simple and nice - best of luck!
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    amazing woots.

I demand finish Aeon flux first!
  • d00kie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d00kie polycounter lvl 17
    kuuz..

Come play Lord of the Rings Online and fuck getting a job.
    AMIRITE??!?!!

10externalhdds :( i will buy you a new one full of the content that's on your current one. seeing it is that it got borked betwixt me using it and u receiving it some strange way.

BARUK KHAZAD!
  • duoxan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duoxan polycounter lvl 17
    dude its dope, i love sites that are laid out like this
    i agree with more wires and texture shots, your stuff is awesome and a few of us like to try and dissect your work
    other then that all i want is the pacman vs ghost painting back
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Great site update, definitely some projects i havent seen from your side before.
    Nothing else for me to comment on hehe everything is plan and simple,just the way it should be
    I definitely hear you on the frustration on getting/maintaing a constant image size/bringing out old shit from the hdd/not being able to find the files etc. but its something youve gotta do dontcha :P