Home General Discussion

Backbreaker

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
beartraps polycounter lvl 8
Looks pretty damn sweet. I hope the NFL sees this considers not letting EA have exclusive rights anymore.

And they have music by Refused!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-backbreaker/51409

Replies

• Vitor
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, that is looking awesome and I don't like that american "football" crap lol

Been dreaming with an real football game like this since I saw the nike ad Take it to the next level [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc3PZ3Im5aQ[/ame]
  • Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    beartraps wrote: »
    Looks pretty damn sweet. I hope the NFL sees this considers not letting EA have exclusive rights anymore.

And they have music by Refused!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-backbreaker/51409

i'm sure they won't considering what ever rehashed crap they put in the next maddon will still sell a ton more than this, no matter how awesome this game may be.
  • beartraps
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats what pisses me off though, even if the NFL didnt give EA exclusive rights Madden would STILL sell a ton of copies. The NFL would end up winning because people who hate Madden (like me) will have an alternative game to play and will invest in their product. I will NEVER buy a Madden game, but if there was NFL 2K10 I would buy it in a heartbeat.
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Does it really matter if the NFL license is on there or not?

Is NFL football any different than Pro Football? I don't play Madden, or even care about football so would not know the difference.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    For the target demographic, it absolutely matters. They memorize every name, every trade, every stat, and religiously follow their favorite teams and players. They want their favorite athletes, with their current haircut/style and team jersey, and by now it has the whole cult following of "everyone knows it and I gotta have it". The age range and education level it goes for also tends not to grow out of the whole, "oh that's old and boring I need something new" and will gladly keep buying up every official version for much longer than most serial products.

Plus the target demographic is being renewed every generation. People who follow Final Fantasy or Tony Hawk tend to kind of stick with it and eventually want to move on, but with the NFL, every generation of American boys in rural towns have football worship ingrained in their mind from the day they can fetch a cold bud for daddy during the game.
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Well then, looks like it doesn't matter how bad Madden gets.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I'd love to see a real mathematical equation plotting just HOW bad it would have to get to defeat it's own momentum.
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Surely such an equation would cause a paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe!
  • beartraps
    Offline / Send Message
    How bad can it get you ask!? EA's NFL head coach: you dont even fucking PLAY the game, u watch a shitty game from virtual sidelines.

I'll stick with my NFL 2k5 thank u very much.
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    You know, I hate monopolies as much as the next guy, but Madden isn't as bad as a lot of people let on.

This new game does have some pretty revolutionary camerawork, but i can't help but think it'll be lacking in a lot of the ways other football games with glowing footballs have (NFL Blitz). Not enough substance, but pretty out there football that in the long run kills the illusion that you're actually playing football.

And come on, lets be honest here, the license really is 90% of it. When I'm playing my home team the game is 50x better. Don't think of it as a game so much as an extension of the NFL franchise itself.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
  • sicsided
    beartraps wrote: »
    I'll stick with my NFL 2k5 thank u very much.

My only football game is NFL Gameday '98. I still love it :)
  • beartraps
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't think of it as a game so much as an extension of the NFL franchise itself.

I want my NFL franchise extension to not suck :D

Madden may not be as bad as I make it sound, and some actually enjoy it, and thats cool! I would happily take a job developing Madden, u gotta pay the bills! Im just upsets me that theres no alternative NFL game.

and yea it pisses me off that EA doesn't really push the boundaries and do innovative things with this game.... but lets be real, most franchised sports titles rehash the same shit every year anyway with new rosters :(