Home General Discussion

360 Netflix Activation

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
I have to activate my console every time I click on the Netflix tab/channel/thing. Browsing Netflix, MS, Google pulls up no solution.

Having to open my laptop and activate the console PER MOVIE somewhat defeats the purpose of the Netflix update.

Anyone else getting this error? Know a fix? Is my Xbox broken too? Am I in that club? Dammit! I've asked friends, and searched around. No one else.

I'll call customer service tomorrow in hopes of getting someone who speaks English.

Hope everyone in the US enjoyed a fun Labor Day weekend.

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I only get that error when my hard drive is plugged into another 360.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Sectaurs: same for me

sounds like user error ;)
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Changed your email between Netflix and the 360?
    Tried deleting Netflix and re-downloading?

You could try transferring all of your XBox licenses to that console. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/?WT.svl=nav

You can only do that once a year though.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    You guys should feel lucky in Canada we don't even have netflix on the 360.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, it's great. Loving the HD streaming.

Looks like I had Netflix data stored on both the HDD and internal storage. Don't know if that was the cause, but I deleted all and and re-downloaded. Works now.
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah I had a similar issue a while back and solved it in a similar way. Glad you worked it out because it is indeed awesome.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    malcolm wrote: »

no relatives in the US that you can sign up for a 1 dvd at a time account, and stream it to your xbox. Just make sure they return the dvd ;)
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Didn't want to make a netflix thread, so i'll post this here.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/netflix-unveils-60-price-hike-for-streaming-plus-dvd-service/

"The company's abandoning its $9.99 a month plan that enabled subscribers to watch unlimited video streams and also have one DVD out at a time sent via mail. The price for that combo service will jump to $15.98 as Netflix requires consumers to separately order unlimited streaming for $7.99 a month or 1-at-a-time DVD rentals for $7.99. The new pricing begins immediately for new customers, and on Sept. 1 for existing ones."

I just hope this means all dvd's will be available for streaming. It'll be shitty if they charge you for an incomplete selection of movies for play instantly.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    malcolm wrote: »

fail? yes we do. I use it almost every day.... Toronto area in Ontario. Just go to your video tab?

Have you watched anything on your xbox yet? Or can you not get through the activation? I had to keep activating it at first, turned out i needed to go through and do all the rating of movies and crap first. then it worked on my xbox and havent had to do it again.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea this is crap, they want to buy out a few competitors so they're making some dick-ish moves that boost their stock price and also bring in some more cash over the long term. I've really fallen off the DVD mail wagon, I still have Iron Man2 I haven't bothered to send in... I'll probably drop it down to streaming, or probably drop it all together.

I'm getting really tired of companies offering one type of service to build up a subscriber base. Then 6mo later pull the rug out from under their customers, but keep billing them at higher rates, "for their convince" of course...

They're big right now because they really are the first to take it this far. But I don't expect that to last long, another company will come long and probably offer something cheaper that does the same thing, and then they'll pull the rug out from under their customers also heh... sigh...