Husqvarna Axe

Max
Max
  • Offline / Send Message
  • 56 Replies
The perfect recipe for a dandy survival during a zombie holocast.
axe36.jpg?t=1251465639breakdown-2.jpg?t=1251465657flats-2.jpg?t=1251465676render.jpg?t=1251465690

Replies

• Oniram
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 2.3K Replies
    excellent. only thing i would say is maybe fade the text. this axe looks like its been through quite a bit. over time maybe it would have lost some of the detail.
  • P442
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 495 Replies
    I would go back and add some darkness to the parts where a person would hold the axe with their hands, just to add some interest.
  • Max
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 56 Replies
    P442 wrote: »
    I would go back and add some darkness to the parts where a person would hold the axe with their hands, just to add some interest.

I've never seen such a thing on an axeshaft...
  • Max
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 56 Replies
    Oniram wrote: »
    excellent. only thing i would say is maybe fade the text. this axe looks like its been through quite a bit. over time maybe it would have lost some of the detail.
    Usually the text is burnt in with an gleaming iron on the wooden shaft, so nothing would 'fall off' regarding the branding of the axe, 'axe'tually
    Thank you for the comment!
  • slipsius
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 3.4K Replies
    they may burn it in, maxen, but over time, it doesnt look quite so clean. the edging around the indent will crack, and also, dirt will get in the indent.
  • MoP
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 11.5K Replies
  • GugloPWN
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 52 Replies
    The lighting on the shot doesn't show the top of the head well enough. It looks like you put a wedge in there to tighten the handle to the head. Its a nice touch, for a part of the item people are likely to see a lot of in an FPS setting but its hard to see and it looks like its wood when it should be metal.
  • Japhir
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 2.5K Replies
    Looks nice! But I don't think in real-life people would pick a piece of wood for an axe-handle that has a knot in it (don't really know the english word, the darker colored part where a branch used to grow) because it's a lot weaker.
  • Max
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 56 Replies
    slipsius wrote: »
    they may burn it in, maxen, but over time, it doesnt look quite so clean. the edging around the indent will crack, and also, dirt will get in the indent.

Ok but shouldn't I be the judge of how worn the axe his, I used a photo as a reference, and I don't get why everybody want it to be a total wreck of an axe, It's just a little rust, it's not 200 years old. Thanks for the comment;)
  • Heart_Murmur
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 93 Replies
    Can we see the reference.
  • Vailias
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 2K Replies
  • Spitfire
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 301 Replies
    Wow that is really awesome, great use of the maps, making sutch a simple object look that good