Home General Discussion

dollar ain't worth shit

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
USA owes 9000 billion dollars.
which makes the dollar worth about as much as monopoly money.

who's to blame? Alan Greenspan og Ben Bernanke.

Replies

• killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    how many times do you have to stab me with your point?
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    I was pretty good at monopoly. Who wants to stay at my hotel on Boardwalk?
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    This has Guass written all over it.
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    greenspan_heavy.jpg

it costs four hundred billion dollars... to run this country... for twelve seconds
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Technically Monopoly money is worth more than real money, being that Monopoly money has value (of the ink and paper) whereas real money has debt attached. :D
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    thats a lot of money.
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    time to derail this shit...

how-long-till-coconuts.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i've discovered the secret to being popular on polycount.
    turn half your brain off, post stupid shit. be an asshole, and be a god at CG art.

starting these topics will make people hate you:
    politics, rants, science, realistic military stuff, car redesign, how to become a 3d-god in 5 seconds.

get these right, and your future on polycount is bright.

aanyways , i was just gonna give you a heads-up that the US is on verge of bankruptcy, and the financial crisis might end up with WW3.
    the other nation which was in about as deep shit as USA, iceland.. well you all know what happened there.
    enjoy.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    World War 3 with who? if there was someone we wanted to destroy (besides china/russia/etc...) it'd be done already.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I heard Iceland melted
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    World War 3 with who?
    The world. Duh

But only after you kill yourselves in a civil war over public healthcare first.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    acc wrote: »
    The world. Duh

But only after you kill yourselves in a civil war over public healthcare first.
    So we nuke all the big cities in a civil war, then all the bigot country folk nuke everyone else?
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    World War 3 with who? if there was someone we wanted to destroy (besides china/russia/etc...) it'd be done already.

icelands economy melted. everyone in the country was out of work over night.
    the icelandic coin value dropped so low that it was closed for sale for weeks,
    and afaik, its still closed. try going to some financial website, and find a valuta calculator.
    people in iceland are fleeing to norway.
    here's an article.
    http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/economicsunbound/archives/2008/10/iceland_goes_ba.html
    iceland is a tiny country, so its bankruptcy doesn't have much of an effect on the world in general.

you don't know how fascist germany rose?
    world economy fell over. nazi party promised gold and green fields to the people, and got elected.
    hitler was nominated man of the year for rebuilding the german economy, and then he started his world conqust. its just a question of who will rise to take power once the government is sufficiently weakened. it could lead to another civil war too. i'm sure there's plenty of hoodlums and gangsters who'd think getting rid of the police is just great.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    There's going to be a fascist party forming in iceland that seeks power?
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    There's going to be a fascist party forming in iceland that seeks power?

yes and its going to consist entirely out of polar bears and björk.
    everyone is gonna die, and the world will end sooner than expected.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    At least it ends with polar bears... and weird music artists.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    deja wolf? Mo like Deja 'douche.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

why don't you run off and tell your mommy to swap your diapers?
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    my work here is done!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, Iceland built their entire economy off the part of the supper risky, over extended part of the US economy that fell off a cliff and had to be rescued.

When you build your entire house out of sugar cubes you can't get pissed when the giant ants show up...
    Giant%20Ant.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    You're right, man. You're easily the most educated thinker to ever write on this issue. Opened my eyes.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    more of this:
    Vig wrote: »
    Well, Iceland built their entire economy off the part of the supper risky, over extended part of the US economy that fell off a cliff and had to be rescued.

When you build your entire house out of sugar cubes you can't get pissed when the giant ants show up...

less of this:

Afaik, USA overspent their gold reserves. fort knox is empty.

the last financial crisis of 1987 cost about $160.1 billion, this one is 9000 billion? even inflation adjusted, i'd guess USA is in somewhat deeper shit than in 1987.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perna wrote: »
    Exactly, and we'll bomb your sorry ass country back to the stone age and all will be well again

did something crawl up your ass again today?
    or have you decided i'm worth hating more than hitler?
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry guys...

*crawls back out of perna*
  • Ride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...what's going on here?
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ride wrote: »
    ...what's going on here?

Per has his period again.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm not sure how you read i'm anti-american?
    but you've certainly got something against norwegians..
    the dollar losing its value is horrible, who are we gonna sell oil and fish to,
    if the dollar is suddenly worth less than the paper its printed on?

if USA goes bankrupt, its going to have ripple effects through the whole world,
    and you'll end up with a global recession.

as for oil, we've been pumping our resources dry at such a tremendous rate, if we continue at this speed, we'll be running dry in 8 years, instead of the projected 30.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Deja, I'm tired of your anti-American sentiments. We actually HAVE an economy to screw up. What do you Norwegians produce and export? When you run out of oil you'll come crying to big daddy to help you out, same old story.
    When they run out of oil? You make it sound like the US is a giant oil field. If anyone runs out then the US runs out with them and you'll be in just as big shit.

Except for Canada. We've got tons left. When the middle-east dries up everything will go to hell and then... THE CANADIANS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

One day, everyone will know the glory of Timbits. Mark my words.

EDIT: Also, you will all get public health care because we're Nazi's, dontcha know.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My point was that Norway bases its economy solely on natural oil reserves. And IKEA (if ikea makes a profit at all which I doubt).

The fact remains that we have a 1000 billion dollar annual military budget for a reason. It ensures the future of democraticacy and the freedom of the brave and proud American people. Canadians, Norwegians, you don't even know what life is like here, free of oppressionism. Not until we come and liberate you and you will thank us and finally be apprecicative of what we have given the world.

Don't forget the brave Americans who have paved the way for modern life. Abraham Washington the first president and freedom fighter of unbountiful success, Noam Chomsky who wrote several books and is respected as a modern day Albert Einstein, and finally Albert Einstein, the highest recorded IQ in the world, Obama the first black president in the world, and Lance Armstrong arguably the greatest athlete in the history of the hemisphere.

Who have Canadians got? Sarah Palin is a dumbass, and probably the only celebrity from Canada except for Jack Shiraq.

And Norwegians? Admittedly Alexander Rybak has taken the world by storm, but he wasn't even born in Norway (lol owned). ABBA, when was the last time they were on MTV?

you complete bastard. should've known there was something fishy about you all of a sudden turning into an american.
  • Quaggs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quaggs polycounter lvl 18
    dejawolf wrote: »
    USA owes 9000 billion dollars.
    which makes the dollar worth about as much as monopoly money.

who's to blame? Alan Greenspan og Ben Bernanke.

Oh Yeah... well my 2 dollars of "monopoly money" bought me almost an entire snickers bar. so i'm 'bout ta get dunked on by Patric Chewin.

On a possibly less idiotic note, is 9000 billion the same as 9 trillion, or am i horrible at math?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Per left out the greatest American military leader of the last century Harland David Sanders.

180px-Sanders_20.png
    A true America patriot and the greatest thing to ever come out of Kentucky besides booze. His gift to America and then the world will keep on giving for centuries to come.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quaggs wrote: »
    Oh Yeah... well my 2 dollars of "monopoly money" bought me almost an entire snickers bar. so i'm 'bout ta get dunked on by Patric Chewin.

On a possibly less idiotic note, is 9000 billion the same as 9 trillion, or am i horrible at math?

its more along the lines of borrowing 2 dollars to buy yourself a snickers bar.
    the bar was made in china, and paid for by money you don't have, by a bunch of of countries around the world.

yeah its 9 trillion.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand your viking wrath, but over here we actually work for money instead of pillaging for it :o
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On a totally related note, I'm glad WalMart keeps opening stores in China. Finally they can see how horrible the quality is on all the crap they ship over.
  • d00kie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d00kie polycounter lvl 17
    in before [size=+3]"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!"[/size]

OKAI! LOL?
  • dejawolf
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    debt schmebt, we've got the guns. Go ahead, come collect on that loan. Dare ya.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand your viking wrath, but over here we actually work for money instead of pillaging for it :o

pillaging is how we oiled our economic wheels back in the days. but it wasn't the only way we made money. if you paid us a certain sum every year, we'd agree not to attack, and rape your great great great grandmothers, and sell you children to slavery.
    actually, there was a viking called gange-rolf, who was expelled from norway for not being vikingy enough.he went to the northern regions of france, and the french kings agreed to give him a part of their country, as long as they didn't rape and pillage the french. that country became known as normandy. the french vikings became normans. the normans went off and invaded britain and sicily.
    so basically, norwegian vikings caused the british empire, and the mafia.
    sweden wasn't so bad either. they started the russia.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg wrote: »
    debt schmebt, we've got the guns. Go ahead, come collect on that loan. Dare ya.

and thats how WW3 started.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pillaging is how we oiled our economic wheels back in the days. but it wasn't the only way we made money. if you paid us a certain sum every year, we'd agree not to attack, and rape your great great great grandmothers, and sell you children to slavery.
    actually, there was a viking called gange-rolf, who was expelled from norway for not being vikingy enough.he went to the northern regions of france, and the french kings agreed to give him a part of their country, as long as they didn't rape and pillage the french. that country became known as normandy. the french vikings became normans. the normans went off and invaded britain and sicily.
    so basically, norwegian vikings caused the british empire, and the mafia.
    sweden wasn't so bad either. they started the russia.
    You bastards!
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slutt aa faa folk til aa tro at Nordmenn er tynnhuda a deja. Jeg veit du ikke er Oslogutt men trenger ikke oppfoere deg helt bonde fordet.

--
    mystisk salat

blei avla i bondeland av ei sipete alenemor med konstant PMS, s
  • ArYeS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArYeS polycounter lvl 8
    Albert Einstein, the highest recorded IQ in the world, Obama the first black president in the world

Who have Canadians got? Sarah Palin is a dumbass, and probably the only celebrity from Canada except for Jack Shiraq.

First off, Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, in the Kingdom of Württemberg in the German Empire on March 14, 1879. As wikipedia says, so don't take that credit.

Second of all.. there are a lot of black presidents and there are countries that there weren't white president at all.
    So don't go all wow with Obama thingie, because he is first black american president.. you didn't make change in world history, you made change in American history.

I'm not American, I'm not german, and I'm not Norwegian. What you say in this debate is plain worthless, neither of us choose the country where we were born and neither of us made decisions how to build our countrys economy. Its just how things are, so both stop with your nonsense
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArYeS: Please, if you can't back up any of your statements with ACTUAL FACTS do not post! These childish insults will not be tolerated.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    more of this:

less of this:

Afaik, USA overspent their gold reserves. fort knox is empty.

the last financial crisis of 1987 cost about $160.1 billion, this one is 9000 billion? even inflation adjusted, i'd guess USA is in somewhat deeper shit than in 1987.

dood, gold standard's been gone for like 30 years now, everyone sets their currency to the us dollar, we go down you go down! Who's gonna buy all the shit the rest of the world makes, China?
  • Quaggs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quaggs polycounter lvl 18
    ArYeS wrote: »
    First off, Albert Einstein was born in Ulm, in the Kingdom of Württemberg in the German Empire on March 14, 1879. As wikipedia says, so don't take that credit.

Second of all.. there are a lot of black presidents and there are countries that there weren't white president at all.
    So don't go all wow with Obama thingie, because he is first black american president.. you didn't make change in world history, you made change in American history.

I'm not American, I'm not german, and I'm not Norwegian. What you say in this debate is plain worthless, neither of us choose the country where we were born and neither of us made decisions how to build our countrys economy. Its just how things are, so both stop with your nonsense

You seem to forget that American history is world history, as america owns the world, how do you think we amassed that 9000billion dollar debt. the answer is america bought the world, derp.