Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Guardsman from the Crashplanet (concept by jouste)

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Japhir polycounter lvl 16
Hey guys! So I guess Killingpeople was wrong when he said:
This will be an epic last thread.
hehe :).

I've been working on the basemesh for this guy:
guardsmanwip.jpg
from this concept pic by Jesse (jouste).

So I'm about to start on my first sculpt in ages so any crits are welcome!

Thanks,

Ilja

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I want to see this textured and animated. Maybe add one or two more vertical slices into the clothing before sculpting for folds etc.?
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    I'll do my best :). Hmm I've already started sculpting but I think it wouldn't be a problem adjusting that.
    here's a wip! I immediately made the mistake of jumping to a high level, and then after fiddling for a long time i went back down and moved stuff around to end up with this (i think it's still level 1 or so ;)). Mainly head work.
    guardsmanwip.jpg
    crits are most welcome!
  • Ahrkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahrkey polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe I'm way out of line here but if you're going to nail the concept you might wanna have another look at the head and it's shape/structure... the concept shows a more fishlike head with a double-chin more like flesh/fat hanging.
    Also as far as I can tell from the concept the placement of the eyes is different... the smaller/rear eyes should actually be above the bigger eyes and more towards the center of the head. The concept pic is a bit decieving as it turns its head/torso around looking the other way. But imagine that he's also tiliting it upwards due to the lack of neck and you'll see.

Nice looking piece so far. Should be a blast to sculpt/texture.