Home General Discussion

UFC 101

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
Raise your hand if you saw Anderson Silva become an even badder man by giving the business to Forrest?
Next Stop Light Heavyweight....

Replies

• spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    yeah the spider owns.. so damn confident in that fight, he was picking his punches very well.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Shame though, such a short fight. Did Forest have any injuries prior to that fight? I've seen him take a beating before...Silva's hands must be made of steel.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    It was unbelievable, I thought the one person who could take Silva down, would be Forrest. Silva landed like 3 shots on him, each shot... forest went down. The last shot... he "tapped" out, which is unbelievable!

Amazing!
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    Rumors say that griffin dislocated his jaw and had lost hearing on one ear and that is why he ran out, to get instant medical attention.

Also there is rumors of Dana White agreeing to letting Anderson give up his middleweight title and make a permanent move to LHW. Personally i think this is just a way for Anderson to get away from the UFC champions clause so that he can go and fight Roy Jones Jr. in boxing after his current UFC contract runs out.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I wasn't to happy with ufc 101... Silva must hit really freaking hard to take Forest down the way he did. I'm talking about the first time he hit him. of course it doesn't help that he uses more than just raw power to deliver those strikes, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke Forrest jaw.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    The fight went pretty much as I thought it would... Just much quicker and Silva being a lot more hilarious. I'm a big fan of both guys, and if you've seen Silva's other fights... He's a monster. His punch accuracy is inhuman, which he has shown once again. The taunting was unnecessary, but I lol'ed hard. I've been saying since he got the belt that he should go up a weight class and dominate there too.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Honestly though, that makes perfect sense. Doesn't your balance (equilibrium) get all fucked up when there is damage to the ear? I mean yuh, Silva hit him hard (it doesn't even look like he tried... so crazy) but that does explain why he went down so fast and ran off. I mean obviously you knew something was wrong when he bolted up and ran... I hope he's ok though.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    I'm sooooo tired of Silva's fights. They're all so boring, and exactly the same. They might as well bill it as "Anderson Silva Vs. The-next-guy-he's-gonna-beat" I like him and all, he's a MUCH better champ than that functionally-retarded Lesnar, but I just don't care about his fights anymore.

And Jason, you're right you get hit correct, in the ear, it can screw your equilibrium pretty good. The reason I don't think that happened to Forrest in this case is, he got right back up, and ran out. You don't do that if you've been hit in the ear hard enough to lose equilibrium. It takes a while to come back from that kinda thing. I'm sure Forrest had his reasons, though. We all know he's not a wimp.

None of the fights went the way I had hoped. I wanted Kenny to pound BJ, I can't stand BJ and his mouth. He talks trash all the time, is probably the worst loser in all of MMA, and just can not shut up. I won't even watch a Silva fight anymore. "oh, Anderson Silva fought? Who'd he beat?" That's about the extent of my excitement for his fights. Wanted Neer to win, too, but whatever....

Ah well, life goes on, and I need to find work more than complain about sporting events on the web. ;)
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    when Forrest left the ring I think he was just really pissed, because of how he got beat. I hope He improves his striking a lot more. The fight that really bugged me was Kendal Grove. He could of won that fight had he been more aggressive. It be nice If he improved his striking.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    There is talk of Anderson dropping the Middleweight Belt and moving up to Light Heavyweight to face new competition. That would be pretty exciting.
    He's beaten everyone there is to beat in his weight class already.

I would love to see him fight Rampage, Evans, Tito (I heard he signed back), Wanderlei. Could also do a Hendo rematch at 205.
    I've read that he trains with Machida and the he would never want to fight him. Which is a bummer since that would be one hell of a match.

GSP vs. Silva still needs to happen. They can easily do that match at 185.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah seriously, Silva vs GSP at that catchweight would be awesome.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah Yeah Yeah but what about Gina Carano vs. Chris Cyborg on the 15th?

http://sports.sho.com/mma/events/carano-cyborg-aug-15-2009.html

I hope that man doesn't hurt Gina!

- BoBo