Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demo Reel 2009~

Klash120
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Klash120 polycounter lvl 11
Francisco Cruz III here w/ a long awaited reel. With a recent layoff, I've spent the past week rendering like a mad man to get this reel done. All modelled in Maya, rendered with Mental Ray & Hardware render. Post & Composited in After Effects, Some editing & slapped an audio track in Premiere.

Enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MilyqZlOlqM[/ame]

Some stills:
3760676948_9442d6dc1b_o.jpg

3752388881_556e5ba8c2_b.jpg

3753184014_fda60b22e6_b.jpg

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Nice reel! Couple of crits.

-The wire frame on the mars fighters and engineer is really hard to see with the texture on it. I suggest dropping the texture while you show the wire.

-The little scene of boxes and stuff. At first glance, i wasnt sure why you had two things on screen at the same time, and having the whole scene spinning the entire time is a little distracting. I would have the scene spin to the object you are about to show, stop the scene, then have the object spin on the right. as i said, having both spin at the same time is distracting.

-Your air ship and tank. Both are VERY nice models from what I can tell. Especially for the air ship I would love to see some close ups with some wire frame.

-Change the order of the things you show. Should be Best to worst. Personally, I think your robot and tank should be directly after your air ship, then show your mars ships, and then your little scene. compared to your air ship, robot, and tank, that scene just doesnt compare. Put it last.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps!

-Stefan
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    One of the first reels where I wasn't distracted by the transition effects and had pretty nice timing in between objects.

Good job, and nice music too.
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    I really like the air ship model. Texture it for love's sake!
    Love the audio btw. Make me wanna dance. :)
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    I agree with Slipsius on the order matter, your 3 highpoly models should come first. Overall really great reel, nice camera work indeed.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    for some reason your site loads very slow for me.. I'll check at home too.. Just an FYI
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    really nice! the really white/blownout lighting on the high poly stuff really makes it hard to see the shape and detail, might want to put a filter over it in after effects or re-render in an easier to see colour eg more grayish perhaps?