Noia polycounter lvl 13
Critiques and comments welcomed.

speedpainting_kidswindowshopping.jpg

Replies

• Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    I'm sorry to those who left comments before. Had to reset everything.

wrenconcept.jpg
  • Alec3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good, but lacking depth, the gun seems really flat and doesn't look like it's extending over the hand, also try rotating her left leg to more closer to her but, the pose is kinda strange right now.
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah, I'd like to turn her knee either inward or outward because I don't think someone would kneel exactly like that. I kick myself for drawing it in pen.
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Trying to practice some muscles.
    I know I'll never have to remember the names of the muscles, but I felt like labeling the torso.

anatomy_torso.jpg
    anatomy_arms.jpg
  • Krypteia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't kick yourself, just scan the image into Photoshop and trace over it - then modify it to your heart's content. :-)
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Sketch in a mall
    enviro_crossgates.jpg
  • Alec3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice but a bit contre jour (french term basically meaning really contrasting light/tone
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    A painting I've been working on that never seems to be near finished. I had to darken it up a lot because my cintiq displays much darker values and toned down colors than what's actually going on. It rarely looks quite right as it messes with highlights.

bioshockfinal.jpg

Speed painting
    speedpainting_kidswindowshopping.jpg
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Concept work for my 3D model. The story is set in a future dystopia, where it is legal for corporations to send assassins at other corporations, provided its a robot of some sort. This begins an arms race.

This robot is mostly made of a black matte material with some shinier bits here and there. This provides a stealthy camouflage in the shadows, or while scaling a skyscraper at night. The arms may also snap and retract into guns. Still brainstorming if I should give it an eye, getting me stuck in a cool design vs. practical function debate.

assassin_concept_by_navia-d26h3ct.png
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I dig the feet, like the idea of the arms, not too sure about the rest.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    nice work on the bioshock painting, things I think would help - use a very small hard brush to make some sharp highlighted edges for example on the drill and on the helmet where the light is catching also some gritty specular shine on the helmet would be cool and the puddle on the floor is white-ish blue when usually water makes the floor just look like a darker shade of itself with reflections on top and its not reading that way now...kinda looks more milky.
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    @ ZacD- Thanks. I have the same thoughts. Looking for some inspiration, feels like it's missing something.

@ Ged- Good advice! It feels like it should have been so obvious now, but I've been struggling trying to think of how to make that water work. I'll try fixing up the highlights too. Thank you!

Here's a new concept in progress that I want to model. The idea behind it is fairytale-ish things as robotic creatures. There's a rich little boy in this futuristic/industrialized/alternative universe who commissions these whimsical robots. I may make it an unicorn, but everyone tells me it's too girly even if I make it badass, so it's a horse for now. Maybe I'll make a spiky crest instead. Another expansion of this idea to make the boy's nanny/caretaker into a scary looking robotic fairy girl.

machineunicorn.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Mohawk of horns?

Quick paint over on how to make it not girly yet have horns, maybe a bit over the top though.

2jdqn82.jpg

Oh and I made the shadows cooler... just cause I like it, you don't have to change it though
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    @ ZacD- Cool! Yeah, something like that. I know there are certain reptiles that have spikey crests/mohawks that run down their face. I've been trying to dig up some good pictures.
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    This is a character I've been working. She's a futuristic adventurer type that somewhat Macgyvers her way around. I've been pondering what makeshift weapons she might create, possibly a taser gun or something. She could use more gadgets.

concept.jpgmodelsheet.jpg
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    I learned how to use the Marmoset toolbag today, yay!

marmosetengine.jpg
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Hey man, don't be afraid to use some harder brushes in your paintings. Blending is nice, but if you get too much of a blur it feels a little more insecure. Don't be afraid to whip out some drastic colors and sharp brushes and see how it turns out. It may not be what you wanted it to be, but it will almost certainly be with...worth, yes?

Cheers for now.
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    @ Two Listen- I probably do get a little neurotic about blending things. I'll give a try. :D
  • Noia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noia polycounter lvl 13
    Not sure what's up with my image hosting. Things have disappeared.

zbrush sculpt- monster head

dogheadwip.jpg
  • Eoq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eoq polycounter lvl 8
    Wooh, totally awesome that you're doing muscle anatomy studies - keep them up! :] One thing about the renders on your images would be to stay off the "fuzzy brush". The reason for that is you can't really get a decent material definition using that one (unless it's like metal and skin, still looks like better with other brushes tho). So try experimenting with other brushes and keep up them studies man. Cheers!