Home Technical Talk

3ds max 2008: hiding constraint gizmos?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
i'm using look-at constraints on meh eyeballs. i want to hide them. how do i hide them blue lines?

Warrior_04.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    You can hide the object that is constrained and they disappear, if that object is your eye that won't help much. So then you can do like per suggested.

In the motion tab (Tire) set PRS Parameters to "rotation" if it isn't already and adjust the view length to zero.

Personally I use a target for each eye, and place them on either side of a master dummy. Not only does it give independent eye control, but it allows you to keep the target close by the model. It's always kind of annoying pushing a single look at 8 miles into the distance, way past what they are looking at, so the model doesn't cross their eyes.

If you want to make things a little easier, constrain the master dummy to look at the head (or a dummy between the eyes) so the group always faces the head correctly.

If you don't plan on doing independent eye animation then you can hide the 2 independent look at helpers and just use the master like you would a single look at helper.