Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Jet Moto Challenge - Vailias

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vailias polycounter lvl 18
Wut? Entering with just Days to go? yeah I am. Wanted to start on this much earlier but had another project that had to take precedence.

WIP_Day1.jpg

Lets see what I can do eh?

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im kinda liking this hard surface stuff. NO idea if I can pull off a finish by the deadline, but this will get finished one way or another.

JetBikeWip-02.jpg
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    I thought I left a comment on that first post, whoops. I like the design, the bold dual headlamps or intakes give it great unique look. Is that green spline the outline of a future wing?
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Zack. :) Yes they are going to be headlamps. The vision that started this was a front view of stacked circles. Intake almost matching windshield and the smaller head lamp circles flanking it.

yeah the green spline is an outline for a radiator intake and a wing. I wasn't sold on the wing idea from the start, so I just splined it out to see how the overall shape felt. I think I like it. I may tweak its size or shape once I get there in polygons, but I really like it overall. Feels very manta ray like.

I'm obviously not getting this done in the next 24 hours.. well I could probably pull it off if I worked straight through, but I have a short trip to take this weekend.

Definitely gonna complete this though.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message