Home General Discussion

Bad Ass New Russian Fighter Jets

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
http://gizmodo.com/5309592/killer-5th-generation-russian-stealth-superfighters

Pretty sweet design. Maybe by the time they "need" things like this in space they may actually look nice unlike our current space junk.

Replies

• JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah they are cool, but these are by some unrelated artist, so there is no reason the actual new plane will be anything like that. The renders are freakn cool tho :D needs more stalin tho...
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    LOL, these will replace older planes in the Russian Airforce, yeah right. You will most likely see these for sale in the middle east or whatever.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    no different than seeing US military hardware around the world..
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well except US sells the old shit, and all the new stuff the Russians develop goes to export first and then into their military second.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmmm not really, theres armed forces in the world that have apache gunships and F16 fighters not to mention munitions. And these armed forces have had them for some time now.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    rolfness wrote: »
    Hmmm not really, theres armed forces in the world that have apache gunships and F16 fighters not to mention munitions. And these armed forces have had them for some time now.

Wikipedia shows that the F16 first flew in 1974, saw introduction in 1978, and that Iran's order for 300 of them was canceled by the fact that the Iranian Revolution occurred...

...in 1979.

Sukhoi makes some damned amazing jets though.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theres been a bunch of variants since the 70s . Singapore bought a bunch of new ones not so long ago. Wikipedia also says that the latest versions the block 60 version F16 development was funded entirely by the UAE. This variant is more upto date tha the variants used by the USAF.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    rawkstar wrote: »
    well except US sells the old shit, and all the new stuff the Russians develop goes to export first and then into their military second.

And where did you get that from?
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    Right, like rawkstar said we sell the old shit and keep the new to are selves. The F-16 is a last generation fighter. We won't pass the F-22 along to anybody. I know a while back Australia was trying to buy a few F-22s and I think ultimately the US said no dice.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    I lived in the UAE... didnt see many military planes though... oh bummer

cool design though
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    The real PAK-FA will probably look fairly similar to the F-22. The US went through all the legwork of making an effective stealth airframe and I'm sure the Russians will put it to good use.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the us sells their old military equipment to 3rd world countries and then finds some reason to go to war with those countries to test out the new shit on them. It then goes on to blow the crap out of those 3rd world countries.

its all right here:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG3TwjjfhBU[/ame]
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    God damn, this thing looks like something the X-Men (movie version) would pilot if Bruce Wayne designed and financed it for them.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the us sells their old military equipment to 3rd world countries and then finds some reason to go to war with those countries to test out the new shit on them. It then goes on to blow the crap out of those 3rd world countries.

No, I know all the shit about us gov., what I meant was where did you get that Russians export their newest stuff first? That´s what I wanted to ask.
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    Don't mess with rawkstar, he has connections with Mother Russia.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom wrote: »
    Don't mess with rawkstar, he has connections with Mother Russia.

Then he should know well that even in the past all that russians (well, soviets) showed on the parades wasn´t the 1st class military equipment. The really scary thing about those parades was when you realized: "damn, if this is what they show us publicly on a parade, what aces do they have hidden in a sleeve then??!" And if anyone thinks that they´re exporting their top equipment, well, he should try to think why could that be. See, selling old stuff isn´t american invention...
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well yeah the soviets did, but the Russian military is not the red army, unfortunately. Alot of those planes aren't designed by military engineers its the same thing as in the US there are private companies that design this stuff and the Russian military isn't the richest out there and they aren't always the main/first bidders... military service is mandatory, none of the soldiers get paid, and in some parts of the country the soldiers even have to buy their own food.

Back in either late 90s or the early 2000s they had a joint "mock battle" drill with the US and Euro militaries, it was pretty massive, but the outcome of it was... the russian military used up 1/2 of its entire fuel supply.

Make do with what you've got is a very Russian attitude, their overall manpower is pretty good, and the elite troops are probably some of the best out there. But i really don't think they're wasting millions of fancy planes when they can't even afford to keep the lights on and have people not freeze to death in some of the towns... they would be if they were at war with some major power, but they aren't so i don't think they're the ones buying those planes.
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    This thing better have an ipod hook up and back-up cam standard. I'd order it with leather interior and winter package.
    B
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    that's what i call a nice bird!

504x_SU_PAKFA_pic_5.jpg

Next gen plane?
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well yeah the soviets did, but the Russian military is not the red army, unfortunately. Alot of those planes aren't designed by military engineers its the same thing as in the US there are private companies that design this stuff and the Russian military isn't the richest out there and they aren't always the main/first bidders... military service is mandatory, none of the soldiers get paid, and in some parts of the country the soldiers even have to buy their own food.

Back in either late 90s or the early 2000s they had a joint "mock battle" drill with the US and Euro militaries, it was pretty massive, but the outcome of it was... the russian military used up 1/2 of its entire fuel supply.

Make do with what you've got is a very Russian attitude, their overall manpower is pretty good, and the elite troops are probably some of the best out there. But i really don't think they're wasting millions of fancy planes when they can't even afford to keep the lights on and have people not freeze to death in some of the towns... they would be if they were at war with some major power, but they aren't so i don't think they're the ones buying those planes.

Nah, I wouldn´t worry about the russians. If anything happens, I believe that they will be the same red army that kicked hitler back to berlin and the countries will stick together just like if soviet union never broke up. No matter what was ever happening, russians always had a great army and I´d say that army was always in the first place for them. Even if they should eat dirt, the army will be equipped. And on the matter of this jet - I think Sukhoi is national company, right? I mean, who would put such company to private hands? Therefore if they export this jet first, then it sure isn´t better than what they´re actually using right now and it only has to serve for further prototyping and production of new and better models for the army.

Btw. thanks for the link on the video with Bill Hicks. Never heard about that guy before. I was listening to some of his stand-ups I found on youtube and it really felt like he was talking about present times. Then I found out that he actually died in 1994 (who´s fault is that? he was all bush here, bush there... like father like son I´d say...).
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    found another pic of the unlock-able versions once you get 100 successful kills as a pilot. Strike fear in the hearts of the enemy!

dlc03-the-idol-master.jpg
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Nah Telekinetic, that looks like photoshop work to me... oO
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Anyone remember Firefox with Clint Eastwood?
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor wrote: »
    Nah Telekinetic, that looks like photoshop work to me... oO

HAHA No that's actually a screen grab from Ace Combat 6 on Xbox 360. They did a bunch of anime skins mainly from characters from Idol Master. That game is so much fun, especially with the flight sticks.