Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jon Conner (Christian Bale)

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
wester polycounter lvl 13
I'm going to try and do a next gen model of Christian Bale as Jon Conner from the new Terminator movie.

Right now I'm just trying to gather my reference and really plan out his outfit, seeing as how it's kind of complicated with all of his straps and little tid bits.

I can't really find any good behind shots of him, so I'm going to have to use the film as reference for that i guess.

Here's just a simple layout of his clothing and stuff. I'm going to start modeling as soon as i can find some good shots of his back.

JonConner.jpg

Replies

• Jarod1872
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarod1872 polycounter lvl 10
    I still think this will be sick man. Your other thread got closed before I could say that. Finish and I might go see Transformers with you.
  • jacob07777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jacob07777 polycounter lvl 14
    Dude niuce, I havent had a chance to see any of your finished characters yet so this should be pretty cool. Cant wait to see more man
  • natetheartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    natetheartist polycounter lvl 9
    should be interesting. Not having seen the movie, i liked the look of it.

The knees pointing straight vs. toes pointing out on your sketch is scaring me a little though. :p
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, this isnt supposed to be anything but a map for me to see his outfit abit better. There wasnt any anatomical thought or any of that...just a simple layout of his clothing for me to better understand it.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    his face looks hispasian... can't wait to see what you do with this in 3d
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha, yeah it totally does!

Hopefully my model will look abit more...Bale.
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    i wanted to model him too! YOU BETTER DO IT JUSTICE, OR THERES GUNNA BE TROUBLE.
    dirty, smelly trouble
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a quick update. Nothing too fancy. I've hardly had as much time to work on this as i'd like...the internship is taking up all of my time.

But yeah, I just started blocking out Christian Bale's face...No subdivisions yet. I might go ahead and retopo abit just to make the rest of the sculpting abit smoother.

I'm having one problem though. My transparency button is greyed out....so i can't see through this guy to the image reference behind him. Any one know a fix for this?

I'm going to try and keep at it tonight, maybe even some at lunch tomorrow.

Untitled-2.jpg
  • Reefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start! I can sort of see him!.. Adam Apple looks weird..Im sure you can see that, same with the nose..I think it might be the angle.
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a little update....very little.

I'm moving at a snails pace with this new internship..it's hard to find time for this guy. I'm going to keep at it though.

I realized some of his geo is abit messed up looking...like on his adams apple and stuff...but it's just because i started with a basic sphere.

I'm going to retopo at this point, so i can get some good ear details, instead of having to subdivide super high.

but yeah, it's getting there.

bale.jpg