Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fist Weapon

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
turpedo polycounter lvl 12
Hi Everyone,

This is a fist weapon that I designed from 2D to 3D. My inspiration came from Blizzard's World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. The main idea was to create a weapon that could drop from the upcoming dungeon, Icecrown Citadel. As far as style goes, I know it does not match the assets in World of Warcraft, but I wanted it to look as if it could exist in a graphically more intense version of WoW.

As far as specs go, the mesh is sitting at 4,404 triangles with 1024 X 1024 diffuse, normal, specular, and emissive maps. I realized I went higher than I should of for an asset like this but I wanted to make it look extra nice for my portfolio. I wish I got to render this out in Marmoset but I have no idea how to do emissive maps in it. This was done in Unreal Editor 3.0.

Concept

fullfistweaponconcept.jpg

Highpoly

fullfistweaponhighpoly.jpg

Lowpoly

fullfistweaponwire.jpg

UT3 Render

fullfistweapon.jpg

Replies

• Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Looks fantastic Kelvin. Really love the whole design and texture work on it.

Only crit would be that the runes on the blade seem to small and thin
  • turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    Autocon - Thanks for the crit, I'll definitely take that into consideration. Blizzard is all about the exaggerated shapes :D.

Skayne - Thanks! Sadly, the outline around the mesh was done in photoshop for presentation purposes. Everything else is in game. I would love to learn how to do that cell shaded style in UT3 if anyone has tutorial links to this.