Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    well done boys!!!
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats to all who were involved! I've been playing the 360 version this evening and it is great. I've definitely been smiling while playing. The voice work is such a great thing...so glad those guys participated.

Adam is that the same firehouse model you did way back when or was a new one made for the title screen?

Looks awesome, plays awesome, congrats again to all involved.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Holy fuck, you remember the firehouse I made? Crazy...

The firehouse was made by the boys & girls @ TRI, not Threewave.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Was only able to play for a couple of hours last night, but it's fantastic so far. Everyone involved was really able to make it feel like the movies, everything from the art and music to the writing. Awesome stuff.
  • MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    Whats up with these 1 post noobs? I always hated these "gamers" who read a couple of "behind the scenes" articles and think that makes them pros at how games are created....fucking losers, anyways...

Game looks sick!...I had to sell my PS3 to make a car payment, LOL...so I think I might end up picking it up for PC. Anyways, congrats guys!
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Congrats to all who worked on this; going to pick up my copy tonight, can't wait to play it. :D
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    adamBrome knocked the bottle of amber glows over before they got to pour it into the PS3 version... that's how game developement works, right?
  • EbolaV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EbolaV keyframe
    congrats guys :D nice work
  • Mangled Poly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
    adamBrome knocked the bottle of amber glows over before they got to pour it into the PS3 version... that's how game developement works right?

I guess we should all go magical differed shading and only develop our games for one console to rectify this trolls problem right? Forget about all the cool materials being rendered in the game I WANT DIFFERED!

Any way you cant beat the complaints..... If we simplified all our materials to play with the ps3 better. Then the complaint would have been the game looks LIKE total ass compared to the x360...

Each console has its advantages and disadvantages.
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    I was under the belief that the reviewers had their ps3 setup wrong and were displaying it at a lower resolution by using their in house component cables...

If you look at the shots from the lens of truth you'll see that the entire screen has a very even blur over everything, not just on textures, but between objects as well...lower texture resolution doesn't blur otherwise aliased lines/separations between different objects...

I'm no lead technical artist or anything, and I cant say for sure if anything changed before shipping, but I do know that I looked at the game on a 360 test kit on a daily basis, and when I saw it on a 52" bravia playing from a ps3 at work it looked 100% the same as the 360 version I was so used to.

Off topic-ish, I would love to see a really thorough explanation of how differed lighting works and the advantages and disadvantages of it since I've seen some really kick ass stuff from it in those Natural Selection 2 videos...so lay off all the hatin' Ryan! haha
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Besides, why would anyone here defend once console over the other? The studio wants the game to sell, no matter what system. Skankerzero was just pointing out that the info on that site may not be correct. Does Skankerzero really care if you get it for the 360 or the PS3? Why would he? He not defrauding anyone

Anyway, I picked up the game yesterday... unfortunately my TV won't be available until the weekend (wife has 'her shows'). Can't wait to play it.
    I don't know if any of you are fans of The Totally Rad Show, but they reviewed the game and gave it some pretty favorable comments. Mainly, "It felt like it was Ghostbusters 3"(in a good way), and "It felt like you were playing a coop game with the actual ghostbusters". They really loved the experience. The only negative was that it started of slow.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Jesus, way to shit on someone's parade :)

Game looks great guys, good job !
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats guys! I'm probably gonna pick this one up just to check out the art for it.

and common, adam, you can model an environment for xbox, but you can't model one for ps3?
    don't polygons act the same in both codes?

I think the game looks great.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
    Pre-Ordered it over Amazon and The Conduit at the same time so I sadly have to wait for The Conduit to release before I get my copy of GB, but it will be worth it as long as people don't post any spoilers and stuff. Great work guys, it must feel pretty awesome working on a piece of history like that.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Dang where getting popular now. Some people just come here to bad mouth us Dev's now :(

At any rate. Ignore that shit guys. Awesome job on the game, hope it does really well guys!
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    dont forget mustard and swiss cheese.
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grats guys, game looks boss !
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    I so want this game...congrats to all the TRI guys and the boys and girls at 3w :) was awesome meeting some of you last year btw :)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    Adam, it pains me to say this but I will no longer be able to trust your advice on cel proceling and the blurays. I used to consider you to be such a respectable core engine programmer but this is too much, clearly you are not smart enough to make a major multiplatform game completely by yourself.

:poly122:

Should be getting my copy from Amazon today or tomorrow...
  • Rudesole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The reason there have been so many new users, including myself was because of this news story that was published yesterday http://www.n4g.com/News-347268.aspx

The Lens of Truth was only telling the truth, and because of your previous comment that site is being discredited. You must understand when you stated “they were playing a pre-release version that had lowered textures.
    That and the mip mapping doesn't turn off at the same distance as the 360."people are going to come asking questions. I’m sure you guys don’t want to hear anymore about this and I accept that, but some type of honest explanation of what happened to the PS3 version would greatly be appreciated. Also now multiple creditable websites have been confirmed the same type of visual differences the Lens of Truth found, so what gives?
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1304863&postcount=621
    http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/ghostbusters-ps3-960-by-540-360-720p-$1304198.htm
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/ghostbusters-graphically-youll-want-to-stick-with-the-360.ars

BTW Great job with the game I bought it on the Xbox360 and the game looks and play amazing. :thumbup:
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    adamBrome wrote: »
    Here's some great information on differed lighting, in regards to the quality differences between 360 & PS3.

Oh so you guys used forward lighting for one sku and defered lighting for another? Man that sounds like that would have been complicated for everyone involved; did you guys just find that one platform handled both methods better then the other with your engine? Or another choice?

Sorry if this gets too techy, I was sifting through pages of this stuff earlier this year, so I'm interested in the choices other devs have made.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    i have no idea. I was just trained to push the "make art button" and turn my computer off before I leave.
  • Damin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am not trying to ruin anyone's parade but people are paying good money for a game and it's not right to have developers lie to the customers. I own all the consoles but live in Europe where Ghostbusters is PS3 exclusive. If i want the 360 version i would have to wait longer to import it. I know the PS3 is hard to develop for but this is the worst port that the PS3 has had.

Not only is resolution low but the textures are absolutely laughable. I kind of think it's offensive that you guys can charge people full price for something like this. The graphics are not the best on the market and i don't why you have done what you did to the PS3 version. It just seems like a rush job to me. Enjoy your party though guys, while people who have waited a long time for the game get a shoddy port. :thumbdown:
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    You've made your point Damin and Rudesole, thanks for posting and welcome to the Black & Green. I suggest you read this since you guys are both new here. ;)

Congrat's again everyone on shipping the game. Now shoo! XBL is open, go play multiplayer! I reckon we'll hear from TRI, officially, about any differences between the 2 SKU's so in the mean time lets quit the speculation and blow off a little steam online!
This discussion has been closed.