Home Contests & Challenges Archives Game Art Workshops

Workshop #1 - Target Renegade (Dom)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
Hey, this is what I've got so far. Its a first using floating geometry, it seems like it works.

start1.jpg
start_wire.jpg

It seems like I've gone for the same thing as Vrav. I started out with this because it looked the trickiest part to do. I used the reference photo. to use as a template on a simple plane, then with planes created the rough shapes, then extruded. Still a way to go.

EDIT: How do you export/enable .obj files that can be stored as a .txt file in 3ds max?

Replies

• Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Nice stuff. I like the fact that you've used so much less geometry than I have, but it still smooths accurately. Not sure about the Max question, I thought it had "Wavefront (obj)" in the export options by default. obj is just straight geometry/uv information, so you can open it in notepad (or just drag it into one) but if you mean saving it as a .txt file, the way to do that in windows explorer is to add quotes around the filename in the save dialogue - that is, "filename.extension" quotes included.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks Vrav, I'll get it done this week. The panel work is the hardest part I reckon.