Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AiLA Demo Part 2: The Revenge

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
So this thread is being start for my own solo project, but anyone else from the Ai LA Demo classes are more than welcome to post in here as well.

I'm going to be making the environment from this concept and importing it into Unreal 3.

2i8wyv5.jpg

A block out will be coming in a couple of hours with temp lighting as well

Replies

• lazerkitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lazerkitten polycounter lvl 10
    cool concept, can't wait to see it!
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I'm on the edge of my seat.

Please don't post concept in the pimping and previews section without something to show for yourself. There are a few too many "Here's what I am GOING to make!" threads as it is.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Ott wrote: »
    I'm on the edge of my seat.

Please don't post concept in the pimping and previews section without something to show for yourself. There are a few too many "Here's what I am GOING to make!" threads as it is.

Well it seems he made that awesome picture, that seems to have a lot of work put into it already and worthy of a post! :)
    Looks awesome btw!

So what is the Ai LA Demo classes if you dont mind me asking?
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well it seems he made that awesome picture, that seems to have a lot of work put into it already and worthy of a post! :)
    Looks awesome btw!

Sadly, this is not my own concept! I wish!

Ai LA is the Art Institute of California Los Angeles. The demo classes are the senior portfolio classes for the Game Art and Design students.

btw in the process of importing the blockout into Unreal!
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had some issues with Unreal's FOV when lining up the blockout, so I'm just gonna show an AO pass on it from 3DS Max

2i1ihzt.jpg
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    Well it seems he made that awesome picture, that seems to have a lot of work put into it already and worthy of a post!

I already knew it wasn't his. And I'm still waiting for him to credit who it actually belongs to.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott wrote: »
    I already knew it wasn't his. And I'm still waiting for him to credit who it actually belongs to.
    Not quiet sure.

Came across it in a folder of random concept art.
  • turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    If I remember correctly it is a concept from one of the Medal of Honor installments.

Cool blockout so far, I would add more of the clutter that the concept has though.
  • Foxious
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Ai La is short for Art Institute of Californa: Los Angeles. Demo is the last year you have there.

I want to second what Turp said. There's a lot of things in the concept to convey the sense of chaos, but due to how neat it all looks, it just comes off as clutter in yours. For example, there are two massively bent girders in the midground that help to break up the linearity of the bridge, but in your block they're straight.
  • G3L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    G3L polycounter lvl 9
    It's a blockout, nothing more than that so it's fine.

Just please post up WIP's and final render, since that other AILA demo thread failed badly.
  • AJR
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    can ya demo guys just post in seperate threads? Everytime you guys post it becomes a clusterfuck. Its confusing when multiple people post seperate projects in one thread and it becomes a AILA demo chatroom thread.

Just sayin. :)
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah definitely guys. Nick seriously needs to get these threads more organized. :]

Also AJ isn't that a GW thing and not demo? :o
  • Snight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snight polycounter lvl 16
    oobersli wrote: »
    can ya demo guys just post in seperate threads? Everytime you guys post it becomes a clusterfuck. Its confusing when multiple people post seperate projects in one thread and it becomes a AILA demo chatroom thread.

Oobersli is right, you'd get better feedback anyway.