Home Technical Talk

Transferring all 3dsmax and photoshop settings, scripts etc

Starting a new job tomorrow, first time working in max, but I've been learning it at home for months now. I've got a couple custom toolbars with scripts, completely redone the interface etc. What files do I need to throw on a usb key to get it all back on the other side?

Will doing a Customize->Save custom UI setup also save the scripts that I've added to my toolbars? The scripts aren't saved anywhere, they were just evaluated then dragged to the toolbar.

Oh and while I'm at it, does anyone know if it's possible to hand-edit one of these files to get the 'dark' theme while still retaining the rest of my layout? I like the look of that, but the only way I could get it was to load the 'dark-ui' theme then redo all the rest of my changes, which I don't want to do.

Replies

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Save custom ui will not also save scripts, you'll need to go to "users\xxx\appdata\local\autodesk\3dsmax\"version"\enu\ui\usermacros" to find your scripts, unless you saved them all into some other location before installing.

To change the color to dark while maintaining everything else, go to customize > customize user interface > colors tab > load.. > navigate to 3d max installation folder > ui > ame-dark.clr