Home General Discussion

Neverwinter Nights (the first one) max files

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
bearkub polycounter lvl 18
I was installing Neverwinter Nights on my laptop for when I travel for something to do and while I was patching it, found this page:

http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/max_files.html

There may have already been a post on it and it may be old hat and some of those scripts may not even work anymore, but I thought I would drop it in here. Enjoy.

Replies

• fast1
  • flow3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    now if somebody could convert to .obj so the rest of us could have fun with them!
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    That page is from 2002! I spent years modding that game. Not many people actually made new tiles for the game. Too much work for too little payoff. The fun was all in the new scripted quests.

If you are just getting started with NWN, head down to NWVault.Ign.com. There's trillions of new player created quests, and a lot of them are very good.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Man i reallly enjoyed NWN, haven't picked up the second one yet. I'm waiting for the next Baldur's Gate, can't remember the name though, dark age or something. These max files might come in handy to see how they built everything up.
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    You mean Dragon Age? It's not a Baldur's Gate game, it's Bioware's own IP.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Thats the one, i read somewhere that it will be a sort of spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I am a longtime fan of NWN1, it had an excellent toolset with amazing scripting capability. They did some interesting things with the models, making it a real bitch to mod. However, the mere fact that you could essentially mod anything in was very cool, something I think more games should openly allow. Its moddability has caused the game to still be popular today; it was a shame NWN2 sort of failed to live up to that potential (or at least did it in a less obvious, friendly way—it has a playerbase, but nowhere near as massive as NWN1).

It's also the game where I met 90% of my non-artist gamer friends, due to a module another friend made and maintained for several years. The community still hangs together loosely, but with great familiarity and lots of hostile internet love. I think that's why I like Polycount.