Home General Discussion

FMX Stuttgart 2009 (Pixar, Disney Animation, Epic, Ubisoft, Media Molecule,...)

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
renderhjs sublime tool
anyone going there?

Its like the GDC except it's in Germany (Stuttgart to be exactly) and has a stronger focus on the visal side. Lots of movie/ FX and game companies will be present.

To sum up which big companies will be there and tell their secrets of development or run recruitment panels:

Ubisoft Digital Arts
Epic Games
Lucasfilm Animation
Electronic Arts
Media Molecule (Little big Planet)
Chris Taylor, Gas Powered Games (how awesome)
Black Rock Studio
Crytek GmbH
Ubisoft
Pixar Animation Studios
Walt Disney Animation Studios (and their first animation: bolt)
Framestore (largest FX studio in Europe)
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Lucasfilm Animation Singapore

There are lot's of presentations and they usually focus on behind the scenes of the CG artists. For example Pixar's renderman team did a great presentation last year showing and promoting their renderman package with some never before seen shots of Wally back then.
The guys even really appreciate questions you have - so I really recommend it if you want to get in touch with the industry leads in Visual effects and now more coming games.

info's here:
http://www.fmx.de/start.php?lang=E&navi=1&page=pages

this year there is even an stronger focus than before on games, a complete list of game hearings
http://www.fmx.de/E.2214.html

Personally it is my 3rd visit the first 2 times I was a speaker at the eyes & Ears Junior-Showcase showing off some work. This time I get again free Entrance :D because my University pays for me and we have a booth there: promoting for the new Master Study at our university.

What I really enjoyed in the last years were the Crytek presentations booth character modeling/ rigging and environment stuff, but also in depth presentations of software like Modo or CAT and lots of other stuff.
There are even some masterclasses form autodesk for which you need to register ahead though.

Maybe I'll meet some of your guys

Replies