Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - Goat Justice

Goat Justice
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Goat Justice polycounter lvl 10
Getting a bit of a late start, but I should have enough time to finish. I'll post my character sketch once I get off work.

Replies

• Goat Justice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the character sheet sketch I'm using to get started. My character is a human assassin, so I'm going with a mix of light armor and normal clothing. Think Mad Max blended with Assassin's Creed.

I'm sure I'll end up re-working things as I go, but since I'm starting late as it is I didn't want to spend too much time on the sketches

Face_small.jpg

body.jpg
  • Goat Justice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some quick renders of my low-poly so far. Most of the body is blocked in, and i'm pretty happy with the topology. I'm hoping to be working on details and my high-poly pass by the end of the week.

Definitly need to give those hands another once over.

progress%201.jpg
    progress%202.jpg
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Cool man. I think one thing that your model is suffering from is that everything is very cylindrical, giving it a rather dull silhouette. Try experimenting with pushing the forms a bit more, billowed out cloth around the gauntlets and boots, tucked in shirt, etc. Also, try playing with the base pose of the character...you'll find that it becomes much more pleasing to the eye when a character is in a natural relaxed pose. Arch the spine, puff out the chest, bend the arms, relax the hands..it will all help sell the character.

Gav
  • Coffee.Black.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like some of the ideas you have going, especially for the armour.

something seems to be a bit strange in the crotch region. it seems a bit small [not to offend xD]. maybe widening the hips just a little bit, and stretching out that general region.

keep at it!
  • Ashleigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The armor is looking really great but the base mesh is a bit weak. One major area I notice is the back, the model is flat and stiff, I realize he is wearing a shirt but there is an indentation where the spine is on your lower back. The spine is like an S shape, I think that if you take that into consideration on your model this will look really amazing. Here is a link to an image of the back muscles/spine. Hope this helps! Good luck! :D

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/muscles_human_body_back.jpg
  • Goat Justice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments! You all definitely helped me see some areas where I can make major improvements.