Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

little street

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
yo, moving further away from char stuff to practice texturing and (hopefully) get a full mini enviro for my folio.

Kindof at the early point where everything is still looking crap and discouraging and it seems i've bitten off more than i can chew right now... guess i'll keep pushing forward and hopefuly get somewhere :P

and yes that's dm-heatray (just wanna keep lighting as a vague idea in my head atm, back to the props for now ^^)

wip01.jpg
rough-blockin-01a.jpg

Replies

• frubes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not really much to crit yet. Your assetts look fine and the textures are nice. If i was to say something then i would suggest breaking up all that vertical height you have in your narrow street with some horizontal lines and overhangs. Signs sticking out horizontally from buildings, wires etc. Im guessing you are still on the blocking in stage though and im not sure what sort of look and feel you are going for. Maybe post some ref.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers frubes, good point on breaking up the verticality thing, i generally miss this stuff completley :P

just got some flickr pics (of melbourne ^^), gonna take my own pics around the city when i next go in to uni, damn easter/mid semester break. I'm modelling more than texturing atm, good for blocking stuff out i guess :P
    And here's a box, first thing that's gone through zbrush so far :)

wip02.jpg

rough-concept-011.jpg
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    looking good i like the textures :)
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Metal supports underneath AC unit could use some work. The bars shouldn't necessarily stick out that far, and there should be some bolts to tighten them down together. The box also looks like it's made out of plastic mainly due to the crease of the top flaps.

In light of this the texture work for the a.c unit is pretty nice depending on the environment you're going to have it slapped on to.

Nice work keep it up
  • Surface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The dirt on your models is really nice! Especially on the pole thing, did you photosource the dirt, or did you do it with a brush? anyway keep going looking good :)
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Great props! More please!
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the replies dudes ^_^
    ae: cheers, hope it turns out half as cool as some of your enviro's man
    kaburan: great crits. Haven't actually textured the support things yet so i'll definitley pull them back when i get back to it. And good point on adding bolts and such, would help add interest.
    surface: ty. 1 part photosource, 2 parts custom brushes with layer masks :P
    Cody: thanks man

Anyways, trying to work out the larger props (buildings and such) so i can start seeing this thing more clearly. And i went off and started a new char today, not good when there's so much crap i gotta do for this scene still :S

must... finish... :poly115:

wip03.jpg

sai01.jpg