Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nekid Generic Chick

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
apocalypse polycounter lvl 18
Hey all, I figured that I'd move this over to my own thread. I think I'm almost done modelling but I've been looking at this for so long that I am finding it hard to find any faults. I'm pretty sure I've overlooked somethings

I have added more curves in her body to make her more feminine and rounded her chin. Added her feet and I am starting to model her hands. Oh christ do I hate modelling hands..

nekidchick2.jpg

Replies

• apocalypse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apocalypse polycounter lvl 18
    Roaring response so far :D. That's alright, I know the generic female has been before. But for me, it's all new and I'm learning as I go. Here's what I've done so far, I've been focusing on getting her face working properly for a rig. So I've been paying attention to topology.

I'd really like to push this as far as I can go with facial expressions and animations but also using game restrictions (because this is going into Source when done)

Here's a pic of the face:
    updated_facewireframe.jpg

I've started working on the problem areas that I knew I would have difficulty with such as the eyelids and mouth.

More work needs to be done on the face but I'm slowly getting there. Here's a quick test anim I used to get to where I'm at:

http://users.tpg.com.au/paul_gm//eyelids-eyes-jaw_test1.avi
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty good for a first attemt. Really, the only thing that jumped out at me was the hips and thighs. Maybe a little more meat around said hips and around the upper and mid thighs...
  • Drywall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely getting somewhere, but I am a little worried about the topology. Mostly, you have weird tris in highly animated areas, like around the eyes, around the mouth, and under the arm. I think a little cleanup and simplification would go a long way towards makin' this better. It might just be me, but her leg look broken under the knee, 'cause the leg appears to bend outwards. I'd say move the feet inwards a liiiiittle, and make sure that her shinbones are straight.

I hate modeling hands too man... I feel your pain.