Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - kary

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kary polycounter lvl 18
<Latest>

kary_domwar4_zblayin2.jpg

</Latest>

While I'm happy to have deadlines in today's economy they don't help you get off to a fast start :)
To bad succubi are out on the nudity angle, that was my first impulse:

concepts1.jpg

I rarely have a chance to do concepts for anything so I'm not very quick at it, and I have wound up with pretty derivative stuff.

Right now I am going to go with the classic winged serpent that appears 3 times above. Wings will be blades, lower body will be an armoured serpent, torso humanoid, face will be an anthropomorphic bat.

Unless something better occurs to me.

Will try to get it quick sculpt, or sketched, out enough to be see it clearly in the next day or two.

Replies

• woods
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bottom right has presence.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Cool man, glad to see you entered :) I'd say, even though your thumbs have potential..go with the first impulse, haha. Greentooth Nipple Tassels are in this year.
  • notebookguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    potential in the upper right corner
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    woods: Tx, and hopefully it now has some clarity too :)

Gav: Well damn Green Tooth Nipple Tassels... that is a hell of a selling point ^^. I still have to finish this 'soon to be' post apocalyptic (not naked) cutie so I had better try something that isn't in the naked female vein :)

notebookguy: There is a bit of authority in that doodle. If I were to go with something more classically humanoid I'd probably lean that way, try to go very cartoony with it, and fail.

I will try something else that is new and that is generic flying monstery thing:

kary_domwar4_zblayin.jpg

The 'feathers' will be blades. Blades of darkness and death! Or possibly of ice if I can work out a shader I like for that.

The head is up in the air, and I'm going to redo the transition from humanish torso to snakey bit -- similar, but making it a bit more yucky.

Input welcome. I haven't had a lot of time this week, but probably will have a good couple of hours over the weekend -- so it'd be a good time to have the really stupid decisions pointed out before I go much further :D.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Idea is roughed in. Still have to put in the teeth (I do know what I want) and the knife-ish feathers are a very elementary rough in right now.
    Rest I am content enough on, want to keep moving and get it done etc, so little time to work on personal stuff at the moment.

kary_domwar4_zblayin2.jpg
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Cool man, very nice progress. Even with the subtle change to the wings gives them a lot more personality.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    kary_domwar4_sketchover.jpg

kary_domwar4_webbedwings.jpg

Not sure if those wings are going to work or not -- trying a few quick things in hopes it might work better. Getting a mutalisk/hydralisk vibe at the moment :|.

Probably will go back to the feathers as knives thing, and change the angle that they come off, but it's a bit muddled at the moment.