Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seburo mn-23

HAL
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
HAL polycounter lvl 13
So you may know it from the wip thread, but now as the textures nearly finished I need some help to give it the 'extra bit' mainly with the specular map

I hope you like it feel free to critique as much as you want ^^

Concept's by shirow/ghost in the shell/appleseed universe btw.

seburodiffusefinal.jpg

Replies

• vj_box
    You have a decent piece here,the back end looks kinda blobby,is that the way it is supposed to look?. Also the textures can make good use of some dirt and added specularity.The Gun does not tend to show any form of usage, wear and tear(History?)Even thought it is present subtly,you can take advantage of more of those.
    The front top part,where the text is embossed,looks flat and does not provide any variations.
    Keep it coming
    Vj
  • HAL
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    The back end is supposed to be like that.

Regarding the wear... maybe it's new, I dunno.

But the front part... it's near to the concept, I didn't want to break up the surface there because it should be like that.

I think my main problems lay within the spec map atm.
  • HAL
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Calling it done for now.

That error left of the text is caused by the blender .obj exporter I guess

finish2.jpg

finish1.jpg
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    love the new dusty plastic look to the front. Works well. What error are you talking about?
  • HAL
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Thank you

Lower pic left of the emboss text right of the barrel there is something wrong with the vertices I dunno what.

Triscount is 5135

More:

wireshot.jpg

maps-2.jpg
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Good execution overall, but the plastic on the back of the gun really kills the sillhouette for me. You've got a great looking gun up front with hard edges and sexy curves, but on the back you have a big ugly matinee strapped to it.
  • Seaseme
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    It looks pretty good. I would like to see something more representative of metal on the metal parts though. It kind of looks completely like plastic. It may be, it just doesn't feel right. A good way to achieve a metal look is to put some tiny scratches in the diffuse and really exaggerate them in the spec map. Also, a little color in your spec map might help to make it more suggestive of metal.