Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - Jimmies

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
I intend to do something, god dammit!
Something!
I don't promise quality, I don't even promise a finished product. I only promise something.
Last time I tried, i had a few decent ideas but cannot remember them very well. Perhaps I will use an older idea or just think fo something new.
Going to do one concept piece for each class of each race while I think it out more.

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wiplobster.png
    Some crap ass workin in progress
    SHOCK lobster
    once a fisherman on a distant fishing satellite, he has been called into battle after being fused with an ancient artifact of electricity.
    (Either an anchor, giant fish hook, or boat wheel. Thoughts?)
    Currently he is wearing
    A. Pants pulled up to his throat and held in place by a belt (revise?)
    B. Nothing else... yet Suggestions?
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    electrobster.png
    i'm liking the boat wheel thing. Each little handle thing is a seperately charged magic rod with the focal point being the polycount logo.
    Can be used to pump electricty through the body of the user, and also to toss and shield. I intend to refine it into a shape more suitable to an object to be used for all those things
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    kewl hahaa he looks like fun, what more can you add to him - hes a bit plain at the moment? hat, beard? stopwatch? decorative clothing with flappy shoulders etc?
  • threeDspider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peculiar looking crab eel thing. Overall theme works well, if you stick with the cartoon feel you could keep the legs as they are, but if you want to go for a more gritty realistic feel, mabey try sketching some flippers or a tail.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not entirely sure about the shock lobster.
    Trying out a new thing/
    His name is Frederick and he is a "Dragon"
    frederick.png
    Being a "Dragon" he feels the need to breathe fire. After a book written in a foreign language came across his desk (he holds an entry level insurance desk job) he began to apply this mentality to his life. Although he cannot "Breathe" fire, he wields a blow torch and a mean temper.
    (maybe, i'm working on it give me a break)
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    freeeed.png
    Frederick held tight the winning ticket.
    Finally, his obsession had paid off. Every night after work, he had purchased a lotto ticket, hoping to win some obscene amount of cash as a prize. Mumblings of war went unheeded as he flipped his image box to the lotto.
    The numbers matched his own.
    A silent optimism filled the room.
    Everything would be different.
  • ThatDon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThatDon polycounter lvl 11
    He's pretty funky and fun, good direction to go in!
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Freddy.png
    Upon entering the lotto complex, something was immediately odd about it all.
    No smiling faces, chuckling clerks, or gawking jerks..
    The room was whiter than a famous smile. The air was clean.
    A single being stood in front of him
    "Welcome, our esteemed winner, to the military!"
    Our humble protagonist uttered but a solitary word...
    "Fuck."
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So basically the entire idea behind the character, is that his home world, being full of pacifists, use the lottery as a way to elect their representative on a universal scale.
    If they refused to side with the other more hostile planets, they would be massacred by the robot/demon hordes.
    So, Frederick is our loverly "Everyman".
    He is given but a solitary weapon, the most powerful single artifact known to his kind.
    Back in the days of his races savagery, there was a struggle between his kind and their gods.
    Some gods sided with the underlings. Eventually, One final god remained. He controlled their second sun, and upon being struck a dying blow, detonated the sun. The remaining gods used all their power to seal as much of the blast into an object, but only succeeded in sealing a portion of it. The remaining blast incinerated them, and half of the world.
    Until recently, the object was sitting in a warehouse, cause you know, they're all pacifist like.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quilty.png
    New stuff....
    Throwing out ideas.
    He's Quimbly, The quilted knight. He wields a spool of very very strong thread with his needle...
    May make the spool more mechanical/automatic looking if I continue with this guy. I had another idea for a weapon, which would be a lance that had a pressure sensitive tip, and three shotgun barrels in a pointing inward toward the tip...so when it stabs something...nothing but ground beef.
    Colors are poopy right now.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Going to go work on the triple barrel shotgun rocket lance...w/paper
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    Hey cool. Interesting art style u got there, almost like castle crashers. Keep it up.