Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - Gavimage

Gav
quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Gav quad damage
Good afternoon gentlemen.

DW4_thumbs01.jpg

Still kicking around ideas, but I just wanted to reserve my spot and toss up a few quick sketches I did this morning. Originally, I was all over the idea of doing a big demon / undead sort of guy...but now I'm not so sure. This time around, I want to travel a bit more out of my safety zone and do something I normally wouldn't do.

1 / 1b - "Norm" cleric - Battle weary war veteran, scarred by battles with demons, overloaded with the proper tools to take down some baddies. Definitely not your typical "cleric" as Gary Gygax would describe it...but more of anti-hero sort of character bent on revenge, using brutal holy power to take down as many demons with him as he possibly can.

2 - "Demon" Abomination - Giant undead beast decked out in some hellish armor, wielding an ol' ball n' chain. This was my first instinct and, usually, something I would do. The problem I have other than it being something typical is that it is fairly similar to an idea I attempted last year (including the name Abomination) and makes me think I should explore different avenues.

3 - "Norm" Stalker - A tribal demon hunter dude who uses stealth to sneak up on demons and kill them swiftly. Has a bunch of severed demon heads as trophies.

4 - "Demon" Abomination - The reverse of #1. Basically a demon cleric hunter who hunts down clerics from rival factions and brutally kills them. Much like #1, decked out with all the goodies to kill his prey...just evil rather than holy.

5 - "Norm" Invoker - Aztec/ Tribal / Creepy guy wrapped in cloth with light armor that summons ghosts...

6 - "Demon" Abomination - Pretty vanilla big demon mutant guy bent on destroying the other races.

7 - "Demon" Prince - Big fat demon guy with a human pet. The prince hovers around barking out orders while his "pet" serves as a pack mule.

Gav

Replies