Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIV - 3D - KaoticVisions

artstream
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
artstream polycounter lvl 11
Reserving my spot. Still trying to figure out what race to do, but I'll have concepts up by the end of the week.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Replies

• artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's are the thumbnail concepts, trying out Alchemy, seems pretty cool.

Thumbnails.jpg
  • Spug
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    i like the top mid...its like a sorcerer with power stones flying around it...looks tight...any updates?
  • Mezz
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Both thumbs in the middle are intruiging to me--would like to see where they would go!
  • artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    So I decided to give in, and do a demon...it was calling me from the beginning, but I wanted to try something outside of my usual realm. But to move on from the concept phase, gotta keep it rollin. I might go back & revisit the 2 mid concepts: the others were just toying around with Alchemy

@ Spug: Yeah, that's what I was going for, but when I started refining it, it got lost in translation.

@ Mezz: thanks for checking out the thread. I may revisit the bottom mid if this demon lord doesn't work out.

DemonLord-1.jpg

Thought Process: Demon Lord of Darkness/Death. The cavity in his abdomen is his gateway for souls, and the smaller pits allow him to shroud himself in darkness. Little dude there for scale, 6 feet, so he's 24-30 feet high. Crits are more than welcome
  • artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: still workin on concept: hoping to get into 3D by the weekend. Changed a few things, still not completely happy with it, so i'm gonna keep goin.

DemonLord4copy.jpg
  • Spug
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    I think that the character needs more personality. I suggest doing a front side and back concept first to get your character "planned" out first. Get his proportions down first and then go in and tackle him....personality...proportions, and then pimp it!
  • artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advice...here's a new sketch: working out the face, since that's where the character either sinks or swims

DemonLordFacecopy.jpg
  • artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Much needed (& overdue) update:

Here's the new face: DemonLordFace2copy.jpg

Face with body: DemonLord_Frontcopy.jpg

And Basemesh for ZBrush (with concept): compsheet_WIPcopy.jpg

Comments & crits always welcome. Good luck to everyone