Class: Clericon

*Update*

41409.jpg

Replies

• NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    So here's a first set of thumbnails. Just warming up and blocking out the silhouettes. These help me better formulate my ideas rather then just sketching out generic recycled stuff I've seen before...

Not too sure what these guys will be...but let me know what yall think!

thumbnails_1.jpg
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    #2 and #6 really stand out to me. Mainly cause I can already imagine something off of #2, and #6 seems quite different and almost "hobo with a shotgun" esque.

But one thing for sure... hairy nut sacks for every single one of them.
  • Scrumpy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like 2's silhouette , but 5's silhouette from the waist down looks like he needs to see a demon doctor :\
  • Wicked-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like 5 and 6

Umm, lol is that a nut sac hanging on #5
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha..Yea, I just threw in the nutsac to "loosen" up a bit :)

#2. I was thinking along the lines of a bulky/obese sumari

#6. Was thinking along the lines of Mick Jagger+Jon Davis (from Korn)+An irish dude with a kilt....Totally random stuff off the top of my head
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    I think that sac is big enough to qualify as a weapon. Some kind of crazy bolas maybe...
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha...woooT! Nutsac with spikes maybe? :P

Trying this Alchemy out....gotta say it's pretty handy for coming up with thumbnails. Explored #2 a bit more to see where I could take it. I dont want to lock myself into one character type so I'm just gonna keep playing with Alchemy a little more and see what else I can come up with.

thumbnails_2.jpg
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's what I came up with for the final on this thumbnail. Going to keep diggin in a little bit more on a couple of more to see what else I can get before I move to throwing something down with pencil and paper.

Untitledhhhh.jpg
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got tied up with some work, but finally got a chance to put a little elbow grease into this. I have a roughed out 2d concept on paper, but I'm gonna refine it a little before posting...it look-a-like shioot! :)

Going with larger proportions and a more chizzled cartoony look...with a bit of realism. So whatever the word for that is :-P Going to add more stuff so updates are comin'. Oh, and ignore the obvious areas I havent touched yet please ;-)

33109.jpg
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minor update....still pushin' and pullin' on things to get the proportions to work. Let me know what you guys think :)

4409.jpg
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    Not bad. Propotionally, he needs work with his face and head and his legs. Everything is so huge compared to; it just doesn't fit.

Proportions reminds me of juggernaut - http://www.leftoverokra.com/cerebro/pics/juggernaut3.jpg
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another quick update....trying to get things rollin' on this dude. I'll hold off on another update until there's some sort of significant progress.

cold- thanks man. I definitely agree with ya....I beefed up the head a bit on this update. I might make it bigger later on depending on whether he still has a head somewhere in there after I add all of the accessories. The legs will look better proportionally once I add all of his gear and his nikes :) I planned on exaggerating things a bit so he's not going to have 100% realistic proportions...

4609.jpg

Any feedback is koolio :)
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not a lot of significant progress but thought I'd share anyway....

41009.jpg
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    the headband you added really kicks. I'm not sure why I like it so much ... really places the character for some reason. Makes him feel epic. Only suggestion so far is to maybe slide his shoulder guard up to the top of his bicep? It'd suck if he bent his arm and his muscles flexed. Looks cool! Keep going :)
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback, r4ptur...You're right about the arm guard. It was bugging me too. I actually decided to redesign it a bit to make it more organic to flow with the rest of the character and what direction I want to take it in the end.

Quick update...I havent worked on him much, so hopefully I'll have more to show later this week.

41409.jpg
  • Tintin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tintin polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah looking really nice, I like style of the character. like r4ptur3 said, the headband is a nice touch. its coming together nicely keep it going..wanna see moar.