Home Technical Talk

Hotkeys no longer work in 3ds Max?

Ghostscape
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
I'm having issues with Max. I have a bunch of hotkeys I have set up for the main UI group, and work with the keyboard shortcut toggle override turned off. So for example, I have alt-c bound to connect verts, and D bound to polyboost loop. These have stopped working, and now alt-C opens up the create menu at the top of the window. Turning on the shortcut override button makes the Edit Poly Group shortcut keys work, but I still don't get my Main UI group hotkeys.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? I assume I hit some stupid button with incredibly limited functionality (like o or x :)) but I can't figure out how to fix this.

Replies

• Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I figured it out! I had an edit poly in a group, but it was the only thing in the group, so I could access the edit poly while still having the group selected, causing none of my edit-poly related keys (or polyboost functions) to work.

figures that 5 minutes after I give up and post a thread after banging my head on this for 30 minutes that I'd figure it out then :)