Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PROJECT: XSI!!!!!!! (IMAGE HEAVY)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Spug polycounter lvl 12
So, I have been texture crazy as of late at the ol' studio...office...what have you. I have not painted a concept, or modeled a character in quite some time. Here is my fable attempt to paint a monstrosity of a creature...that prays on children and dreams of sugar plum gumdrops in his spare time...i guess lolz. So here it is, hope you enjoy, and ill dress him up, I am just gettin started.

Lil back story and thought process: With Resident Evil 5 coming out, I feel obligated to shift my creative juices from the stuff I produce at work, to some type of creature like character. I have a ton of ref of obese people, and leather face is great ref as well. Fatty necks and fat people are great ref too, so if you have some nasty pics...BRING M ON! I COULD USE IT! Its a nice change of pace thus far, so we will see how it goes by the end.

Cheers
obesec.jpg

Replies

• Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    lil more work on him till tomorrow, re comes out...so i gotta get more inspiration.

The overall silhouette sucks...though ill fix it up when i figure out where im going with this.
    obese.jpg
    Close up on face changes
    obese2.jpg
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    looks like a great start to me ! Nice work :)
  • Ryan Smith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryan Smith polycounter lvl 11
    Spugtastic! make sure to give him LOTS of cellulite.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Not a big fan of the carlos huante style. it feels clinical and gives the viewer no suggestive details. Personal taste aside, he currently feels floaty and 2 dimensional and I'd suggest looking more closely to the reference to fix the anatomy issues. Try to feel the shapes and angles and try to draw them as accurate as possible. The ridges in the neck look unnatural and I'd suggest replacing them with rancid puss boils or a slimy snail like texture with black spikes stickig out of it.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Renaud: Thanks :):):):)

Virtuosic: For sure man, he must become fat as all hell!!!!!

Evil: I totally agree on the anatomy issues, and some of him looks like it is not making sense, nor is the character feeling heavy. He needs a lot of work, but to find good fat people ref is harder than one might think. I love the idea of the spikes sticking out of him, for that is a classic detail from Resident evil. Thanks for the input.

I dont know if i will have another update tonight..might be a resident evil affair :) Cheers guys