Home General Discussion

retarded KillZone 2 review

http://ps3thevolution.com/2009/03/09/killzone-2-smoke-and-mirrors-from-a-cgi-artist/

Here's a really retarded review of KillZone2 by a "real CGI artist." Some really retarded things jump out at me like:

"The first thing that caught my eye was that the game is shadow cheating, a very sad sad technique that dates back to the PS1 days. Shadow cheating is where the shadows in the game are not being generated by a real light source. They are faked by painting a dark shadow with the texture map."

"Another thing i found annoying is the level of detail they put in the gun you are holding, by all accounts, it is the most graphically intense item in the whole game. Are you kidding me? How can this be. Of all the detailed models in the game they spent the most time on the weapon you are holding. What this does is make the rest of this virtual world less appealing."

Yeh maybe because the gun is taking up a full 1/4 of the screen so it should be more detailed? That's SOP for shooters. These aren't "cheats" they are the craft. he goes on:

"he fire is weak and the explosions are canned meaning they are the same throughout the game, nothing movie like"

" Since KillZone 2 decided to use a lot of graphical cheats i see no reason why they did not shoot for 60fps frame rate" wtf?

It's a real goldmine.

Replies