Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio website mock up - need some critique!

t4paN
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
t4paN polycounter lvl 10
Ok, first of all, I didn't use a [portfolio] tag, because this is just a photoshopped screengrab of my portfolio to be - if mods thnik it should be tagged though, I can do it, no probs.

So yeah, I'm going real simple here, I'm looking for something very minimal and easy to use, but if anyone has any critiques and/or ideas before I move on (aka "force my friend who's doing the site for me start working on it again") please share.

30jqw7k.jpg

sxkni8.jpg

30b0l83.jpg

Personally, I'm partial to the first - I'm aware that it might be a bit too simple though.

edit - about the thumbnails, I'm going to use a posed version for every character thumbnail (like the werewolf in the bottom right one).

edit2 - ok, I can't actually change the title myself, but if they think it should have the tag a mod can do it perhaps?

/update

2qiws5s.jpg

Replies

• BuCC
    Do you really need an 'about' and a 'contact' link? I mean if you're not going to write your life story under the about-link you might aswell combine them for less clicking. Not that it matters much.
  • Mark Dygert
    Either layout is fine. It's hard to find a difference between the two actually. The model presentation needs a lot of work.
  • t4paN
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Vig wrote: »
    Either layout is fine. It's hard to find a difference between the two actually. The model presentation needs a lot of work.

Yeah, I'm gonna post some new (different) designs today or maybe tomorrow. You're also right about the presentation, I'm thinking of posing them all with simple rigs and adding some background to the thumbnails. Hopefully that'll help the presentation a bit?
    BuCC wrote: »
    Do you really need an 'about' and a 'contact' link? I mean if you're not going to write your life story under the about-link you might aswell combine them for less clicking. Not that it matters much.

I've been considering that, I may go with just two links in the end...
  • EarthQuake
    art, resume, contact. That is all you'll ever need, and really you can combine resume with contact as well.