Home Technical Talk

CS4 Backwards Compatible

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, i was wondering if the CS4 files (projects) for such programs as After Effects and Premiere are backwards compatible with CS3 ?

Replies

• glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They should be, as long as you leave that checkbox checked in the (goddamn) window that pops up about 'maximizing compatibility'. That's the first thing I do with a new version, is to open the prefs and tick the one that says 'always maximize compatibility and stop bugging me'.

If you use features that don't exist on the version you're opening it on, it will ask you if you want to open a flattened version, or try to convert the layers. If you tell it to convert, some of the layers will probably be flattened or rasterized (an example would be using smart filters then trying to open that with CS1 or CS2).
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
    glib wrote: »
    They should be, as long as you leave that checkbox checked in the (goddamn) window that pops up about 'maximizing compatibility'. That's the first thing I do with a new version, is to open the prefs and tick the one that says 'always maximize compatibility and stop bugging me'.

If you use features that don't exist on the version you're opening it on, it will ask you if you want to open a flattened version, or try to convert the layers. If you tell it to convert, some of the layers will probably be flattened or rasterized (an example would be using smart filters then trying to open that with CS1 or CS2).

thanks for the help !