Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nintendo DS Environment - Treasure Chamber

Decided that I wanted to do another DS environment, so it's just a little treasure chamber. After all, who doesn't love loot? ;P

Started blocking this out tonight. I'd like it done by Thursday (I'll have to finish up the the concept art somewhere in between, but I've got a pretty solid idea of what I want in there, now). Should be done modeling tomorrow and I'll start laying out the UV's.

treasureroom_concept.jpgblockout1.jpg

Replies

• Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    somehow the feeling of it is really 19th century to me. Because of this, it might be sick to have some old-timey photographs of adventurers on the walls, you know?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    looking good. is the camera fixed? if it is, you could do a lot of the items as camera facing billboard sprites and save yourself a lot of triangles. Also you could strip the faces away from things that don't see the camera, like the underside of the lip on the chest etc etc
  • Metta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry - Thanks for the suggestion! ^^

hawken - Yep - camera's fixed - I'm gonna see how much I can get away with using planes =P . I still haven't gone through to delete the faces nobody can see but I plan to do so before UV mapping.